• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Klipsch Heritage The Fifteen Wireless

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Thanks Ray,
Yes everything has gotten so much smaller over the years but it still amazes my how they can create 2x56 watt amps with so little.

Funny, I always have the opposite reaction when I look at pure Class A power amps. So little output for so much size and heat.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
The JBL 305/308 is probably the most bang for the buck there is in hifi.

But:
- I believe Klipsch manufactures in the US, unlike JBL. Which is cool I think (probably the only point of agreement between me and the president elect)
- JBL probably has very small margins on each unit sold of the 305/308, and makes up for it with scale. Klipsch probably needs a substantial margin on each unit sold, since they sell fewer units
- a low price point would undercut the rest of their offerings in that price range

I'm still going to disagree because of the example of Dynaudio.

Dynaudio still makes its speakers in Denmark (labor costs as high or higher than US), with varying wood/MSF finishes, and has a number of active speakers with DSP crossovers in its lineup, in both the pro and consumer side, many of which sell for far less than $3000/pair.

Dynaudio isn't even close to the size of Harman.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom