• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KingRex T20u amp+DAC measurements or other experiences?

tjf

Just ordered Topping PA5 II and Apple dongle :cool:. Am going to sell my Kingrex T20u, anyone interested ;)?
@tjf : Sorry, the Wiim will have to wait, I'm just not ready yet for a streamer, maybe next century...
As a listener who has heard an apple Dongle decoding a PC (Foobar and Amazon HD) and now uses a Wiim Pro Plus -- I think you really ought to try a Pro Plus with your PA5 -- I know you could probaly setup PEQ via you computer -- but for the moderate cost of a Pro Plus (I assume it's a moderate cost to you, apologies if it's not) you ought to try the Wiim in your system...

Yes, you'll need to setup your Soundcloud app, and I'd suggest trying other platforms too (Amazon HD, Tidal, etc.) -- playing files might be a bit of a stretch via squeeze, but hearing what the better streaming platforms can do would be a good thing to experience...

Good luck with the PA5

OP
Simfunk

Simfunk

Forum Donor
The Wiim is really a very interesting device, and the price doesn't shock me. I'm very likely to get one one day, but for the moment, a simple amp is exactly what I need. Btw I forgot to mention that I sometimes also watch videos while doing sports, so it's not audio only, and the laptop is the best all-in-one solution. Thanks again for this great idea, @tjf, but I suggest that we end our side-discussion here, in order to keep this thread on topic?

Top Bottom