• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

King of the sub 1000€/$ monitors 2022

tlkmx

Hey i've seen a lot of updates in the monitors offering the past few months

So i'm wondering whats your favorite monitors under 1000€/s the pair in the 3-8" range? I know its a wide range but i'm curious of the whole offering

Here is a list of known and loved speakers. Price are from thomann.de

Dynaudio BM5 MKIII - 370€/u
Genelec 8020 DPM - 415€/u
Neumann KH 80 DSP - 470€/u
Focal shape 50 - 500€/u
Focal alpha evo 65 - 340€/u
Adam A4v - 453€/u
Kali Audio IN-8 2nd Wave - 388€/u
EVE audio SC207 - 483€/u

anphex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Mine lmao.

Kali IN-5 - 650 € a pair inculding shipping. For this price the value you get is ridiculous. If you want more bass, more max spl and even less distortion, get the IN-8. But make sure your desk/shelf can take those big bois.
Other than thatI'd go with Genelec, maybe Neumann. But if you go for the smaller ones, Genelc 8030 or smaller, a subwoofer is almost a must have.

Mario Sanchez

Well, the IN series does have a bit of a small gripe, that being the rather "raw and bare" way in which the tweeter and cone midrange physically integrate, with an exposed former in front.
We see the results manifest itself in measurements as diffraction and thus wiggly SPDI in higher octaves. Audibly it isn't as offensive as it appears on the graph, though.
The IN series is still pretty awesome and unique at the price, this rough physical integration of the coax drivers is the one thing that holds it back from perfection. Perhaps there's a patent barrier of sorts for integration like KEF's drivers?
I'd be more than willing to buy a quad of these if there ever is a v3 which improves on this part.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Genelecs are my favourite, haven't heard the Neumanns but probably different flavours of excellent.

Focals have a pleasant, well-judged brightness and width that can lend excitement to most recordings, while only becoming overbearing for recordings skewed towards the bright side. My S/O, who recently got into audio, absolutely adores the Focal Shape 40/50. Made her double her budget from Kali LP-6/Adam T7V money just to get it.

And another option within your criteria - built-in ability for room correction could mean a better in-room performance than many of the other monitors on their own, especially if from a desktop position.

Top Bottom