• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Katji

Major Contributor
That’s a hard nut to crack. Sometimes the wired titled threads produce constructive conversation and engagement. We try to be slow to react and rely upon our incredibly intelligent and astute Membership to Smoke them out for us.
Yes.

It's also difficult because much of it is *subjective* opinion. In other words, subject to psychology, to perceptions.

And difficult when it is political related to [audio-whatever] manufacture, marketing and so on.

There are only two of us, and we do this task as volunteer. We have over a Thousand people visiting every day.
Yes and it is increasing, will most likely continue increasing. Ok, all that means is there will need to be more than 2. (I'm not sure about total numbers but it's quite common for forums to have more, moderators for different subforums/sections anyway.)

I haven't seen issues with this, but I agree with the premise.

Off topic threads are irrelevant and can be found elsewhere on the internet. Little need for a general discussion board but that can be tolerated... When it comes to politics and covid though, I'd rather leave those things on Facebook.
They can go in the Off-topic section. Which is there [on special interest forums like this] for the sake of community or sociability whatever.

If a person feels the need to express their opinion, their "approval rating" of some or other political leader or whatever, create a poll post in the Off-topic/"fun topics" section, then that thread can be the list of subjective opinions. Because that's what it becomes.

Last edited:

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Yes.

It's also difficult because much of it is *subjective* opinion. In other words, subject to psychology, to perceptions.

And difficult when it is political related to [audio-whatever] manufacture, marketing and so on.

Yes and it is increasing, will most likely to continue increasing. Ok, all that means is there will need to be more than 2. (I'm not sure about total numbers but it's quite common for forums to have more, moderators for different subforums/sections anyway.)

They can go in the Off-topic section. Which is there [on special interest forums like this] for the sake of community or sociability whatever.

If a person feels the need to express their opinion, their "approval rating" of some or other political leader or whatever, create a poll post in the Off-topic/"fun topics" section, then that thread can be the list of subjective opinions. Because that's what it becomes.

Maybe I was not clear on two subjects. Political or Religious comments, conversation and discussion is absolutely not permitted. Posts of this type will be immediately deleted and repeated posting on this subject will earn the Poster a Warning and possible further Forum restrictions.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
For TV reviews, I look at both:
1. Rtings (once the limit of # of reviews runs out, open a new incognito tab and voila...no more limit).
2. HDTVTest (youtuber)

There's plenty of content there to make an informed decision.

Top Bottom