• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii THREE

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Please don't pollute this thread with your puerile nonsense ,thanks.
Keith
Iv deleted franks post and will issue a reply ban as he clearly has no intrest in discussing the kii three.

@BE718 Iv left yours in that quoted frank basically because I did not want to offend you. Feel free to delete them if you feel they are redundant now franks have gone.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Kii 'control' price to rise to Euros 1255.00, currently Euros 1090.
We have stock at the old price!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
'Tape OP's' review of the Kii THREEs has been added to the 'collating Kii reviews thread on the Purité Audio BLOG.
https://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/single...-THREE-reviews

This author was inspired to try the Kii's after reading Phil Ward's original review for Sound on Sound which we arranged.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
Keith, do you have any solid facts on both the DA and the AD conversion in the K3s?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Nope
But the Dutch&Dutch 8C and the Kii THREEs are the two most resolving loudspeakers I have so I figure they must be doing something right.
Keith

Cosmik

Major Contributor
Keith, do you have any solid facts on both the DA and the AD conversion in the K3s?
What part of "the best speakers in the world" do you fear they have got wrong? :)

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
What part of "the best speakers in the world" do you fear they have got wrong? :)

Oh, nothing special, really. Just wanted to know more about their innards before comparing them with other actives by listening to them (for second time now).

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
In all seriousness, you can't bypass the internal processing so you can't compare them with an external dac/AD, each speaker has six NCore amps, six DACs etc etc.
Honestly they and the Dutch &Dutch 8C are the most resolving loudspeakers I have here, and if you compare them to your home system it will be immediately obvious.
Keith

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
In all seriousness, you can't bypass the internal processing so you can't compare them with an external dac/AD, each speaker has six NCore amps, six DACs etc etc.
Honestly they and the Dutch &Dutch 8C are the most resolving loudspeakers I have here, and if you compare them to your home system it will be immediately obvious.
Keith

I was thinking about pure analog in, like phono. Is the internal AD stage comparable to an external one? The extra conversion stage is a no-brainer.

My home system is Genelec 8351a. I look forward to comparing them head to head with the K3. This is NOT going to be a night and day experience. K3s are similar in many ways, but the Genelecs seem to have better DSP while the K3 have very high-quality hardware components.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Keith has the finest lineup of speakers in the industry. Only a fool would buy anything but active speakers this day and age.

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
Keith has the finest lineup of speakers in the industry. Only a fool would buy anything but active speakers this day and age.

FYI

Genelec 8351a are active, digital in, room DSP calibration.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You would still need a phono stage and plug that into the XLR connections on the back of each speaker , select those connections to be 'analogue' and that's it.
I used to have 8260a's and matching 7270 subs, they are good, the Kii's don't use DRC but do have a cardioid response . the Kii's and Dutch&Dutch make everything just that much clearer and crisper.
As a mastering engineer told me this week, he could sit in my domestic room and be absolutely sure of his work using either of those speakers.
Keith

Mivera

Major Contributor
FYI

Genelec 8351a are active, digital in, room DSP calibration.

Genelec makes some of the finest speakers in the world. They use many custom drivers from PHL. I was the Canadian distributor of PHL drivers between 2000-2002. Extreme quality.

Here's the most exciting speaker on the market today for me:

https://www.genelec.com/theones

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I m pretty sure Gen source their drivers from Tymphany these days.
Keith

Mivera

Major Contributor
I m pretty sure Gen source their drivers from Tymphany these days.
Keith

It's very easy to spot the PHL drivers from the cone material. The One's have the exact same cone material PHL uses. So I'm guessing they are made by PHL.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Top Bottom