• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii THREE

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Kii's at the Munich 'de-luxe' show,

Keith

c1ferrari

Forum Donor
Keith,

I've perused the traffic at GS. Are you able to comment on Kii Four or Five?
Thanks.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Well I have asked about future models, their plan for this year is a, (please God soon ) resolve the supply issues with the Kii control , b, ensure they have stock of the standard colours and even some of the more popular 'custom' colours.
The next speaker will most like;y be a smaller version of the 'THREE' Kii rightly believe imo that they can mop up the near field monitor market.
Eventually there will/might be a larger speaker which may/will create a perfect sphere of controlled directivity, taking out floor and ceiling reflections.
Large speakers are more difficult to sell of course.
Keith

c1ferrari

Forum Donor
Thanks, Keith.
I would be keenly interested in the Kii concept(s) applied to a mid-field / main monitor. :)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Kii THREE is a mid field monitor, not enough dbls perhaps for a recording studio's main monitor and aimed primarily at mastering /composing and domestic use.
Keith

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Extremely high maintenance I should imagine.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Kii 'controls' ( the remote for the Kii THREE ) are available again, should be receiving our first units next week.
Also Dutch&Dutch 8C's arrive for the big Kii vs D&D showdown!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Bruno at a recent London showing of the Kii THREE,

Keith

Cosmik

Major Contributor
It highlights how being a generalist allows someone like BP to tackle a problem like speaker design from first principles. For him, DSP is used quite seamlessly with the traditional technology of speakers to create a simple, linear transducer. While other manufacturers harp on about exotic materials that have no rational basis in improving the sound, or are only required to mitigate the problems of the traditional speaker (e.g. do they go three-way, with the sonic problems of passive crossovers in the middle of the audible range, or two-way with the sonic problems of drivers being stretched into break-up and beaming?) he simply tackles the problem head on. It is all too easy for 'time served' speaker makers to perpetuate primitive technology with a pseudo-high tech gloss, and much more interesting when someone comes along who can see the problem for what it is: simple, but needing a seamless blend of technologies to solve.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
He is a clever man, one can almost forgive his choice of shirt!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
No ,no more than you could bypass the processing of the Beolab 90's, DACs ,ADCs are just part of the speakers processing.
Keith

Cosmik

Major Contributor
Can I say that I find the idea that anyone would want to bypass the Kii Three's DAC's to be a bit 'audiophile'? I mean, if you believe in Kii's ability to deliver digital audio, DSP, driver correction, motion feedback and all that sensible stuff, why would you not believe that they can also do the most trivial bit: the DAC? And if you believe that their DACs have the wrong sound - that doesn't show up in measurements of course - surely all those other bits they have provided could be equally wrong.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Can I say that I find the idea that anyone would want to bypass the Kii Three's DAC's to be a bit 'audiophile'? I mean, if you believe in Kii's ability to deliver digital audio, DSP, driver correction, motion feedback and all that sensible stuff, why would you not believe that they can also do the most trivial bit: the DAC? And if you believe that their DACs have the wrong sound - that doesn't show up in measurements of course - surely all those other bits they have provided could be equally wrong.
Yea but I would think it needs its internal DAC's to work.. I mean ain't that the whole point of how it works.

Top Bottom