• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii THREE in the Financial Times!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Congrats. I'm curious as to your views on the marketing challenges of these next generation audio products? I suppose to a certain extent the sound sells itself, but you can't deny that speakers like these Kiis upset a lot of comforting old ideas about how good sound is achieved. Can you speak to the experience of listening to vinyl through them, for example?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes they do , if I can get a pair of Kiis/8Cs next to a potential customers existing system ( whatever it is at whatever price) we usually sell a pair.
Often the only reason for not buying is the difficulty of selling ‘legacy’ kit and the associated loss.
The speakers are transparent so your vinyl will sound like your vinyl.
Keith

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes, not really a shop, I have two dedicated rooms on the ground floor , anyone is most welcome, but I firmly believe that you should hear equipment in your own home, next to your current set-up if possible.
Keith

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Look at those Salon 2’s I had, ended up practically giving them away.
Keith

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder who is selling them in 10036. Kinda weird that dude would buy them and never use them.
When I see listings like this I assume it's probably one of the following, either they are stolen, or he needs cash quick after the wife cracked the working late code.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Jaimo

You can see he has a nice view from his NY? apartment and a pile of other esoteric gear.

LOL - I also carefully study photos of posted gear for sale and it’s amazing how much you can tell about the seller and his gear from an amateur pic.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Yes they do , if I can get a pair of Kiis/8Cs next to a potential customers existing system ( whatever it is at whatever price) we usually sell a pair.

I've demo'ed both. Initially, to my ears it sounded like the Kiis were a tiny bit more 'detailed' and the 8C's slightly lacked a tiny bit of detail, but after 1+ hour of listening to each, the Kiis were a little fatiguing for me.

I could listen to the 8C's non stop all day.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
LOL - I also carefully study photos of posted gear for sale and it’s amazing how much you can tell about the seller and his gear from an amateur pic.
Does not compute???
Buying and selling high end gear at these kinds of financial losses???
Something wrong between the ears and not his hearing. :)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
but we had an offer accepted on a house in the suburbs yesterday and will be moving out of the city. At long last, I will have a proper listening room!

Congratulations, and I look forward to some pics of your new listening room when it is set up. :)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'd argue that our view is nicer (looking east onto the Queensboro Bridge), but we had an offer accepted on a house in the suburbs yesterday and will be moving out of the city. At long last, I will have a proper listening room!
Your lungs won't know how to react to all that clean air LOL
Congrats on your new home. I'll also be looking forward to hearing about your new listening room. Maybe you can cronical it's design and build here. ;)

Top Bottom