• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii Audio's "Three": Let me know if you would like to see it reviewed

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
I am trying to work out obtaining a loaner set of the Kii Audio Three to review using my Klippel NFS but it would be a big help if I could provide the US rep with "proof" (for a lack of a better word) that people are really interested in seeing that happen. That's where I need your help.

I posted my review of the Dutch & Dutch 8c a couple months ago and was met with a lot of requests to test the Kii Three but they were scattered about on various forums and my YouTube page. It would take me some time to aggregate all those "hey, will you test the Kii Three" requests to send to the rep. So, if you want to see me test this speaker then please help me help you by replying below or at least giving a "like" to this post. I will use this as confirmation to the rep that - indeed - people are anxious to see me provide the same kind of test for the Kii Three as I did for the Dutch & Dutch 8c, as the two are similar in design but different enough that there are curiosities about the technical performance of the Kii Three.

Thanks,
Erin

Update: Well, folks, I appreciate the support. I also posted this on my Facebook group as well.
I had two reps from Kii contact me this morning about 3 hours after posting. They are gonna try to help me out. I gotta thank Lars @ Purifi for helping me out as well. I will update this thread when I get more information. :)

Picture for attention:
KII-THREE_PRO-3.jpg

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
But of course! This is actually on my possible purchase list for 2022.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Yes please. I can't afford these or the Dutch&Dutch, or rather I don't want to spend that much money on audio. But in my mind I've always associated these speakers (both by designers from the Benelux) so it would be nice to see how they stack up.

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Something exceptionally interesting and unique would be to have it with BXT and do the measurements with and without BXT..but already having a spinorama of the "simple" Kii Three would be great!:cool:

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Kii is marketed as a technically superior product, so the people who would want to buy it are likely the people who want to see it validated by the NFS. As someone who designs speakers, people often ask me what the best speakers available currently are, and I can easily cite the usual suspects, all of which are competitors to the Kii. Frankly I think the Kii is nicer looking than many of the other great next generation designs but I gotta see those spins.

stren

Forum Donor
It would be nice to have full klippel and distortion measurements and finally a direct comparison on the same setup between this and the D&D. I would think anyone considering either one would be interested in the other as well. It's particularly useful for Kii because they are the more expensive of the two. I'd want to see them perform better than the D&D to be honest.

TimDH

Forum Donor
Yes! I’ve been following the development of these for a while. I’d be really curious to see how the implementation of the cardioid directivity compares to the D&D

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They are super loudspeakers, not hugely different in terms of SQ from the 8Cs, I would persevere.
Keith

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They need to find a better endorsement than Jacob Collier though

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They need to find a better endorsement than Jacob Collier though
Well to be fair they have Bob Katz onboard too.

bobkatzlowres.jpg

LearningToSmile

Absolutely, particularly with the BXT modules. Even for people not planning on purchasing either any time soon it would be interesting. And for people who ARE intending to drop this kind of money, measurements would be reassuring - even just agreeing to the measurements already shows that the company has faith in their engineering.

Top Bottom