• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Khadas Tone Board recognized on one Mac, but not my main one?

Irrenarzt

Does anyone have any tips on resolving this? I don't see my KTB in sound preferences on my main desktop (2014 Mac Mini, running Catalina), but I do on my laptop (2011 Macbook Air, not updated to Catalina). I don't really care about it working on my laptop, but need it to work on my desktop. I've tried rebooting a few times with no luck, and I have another DAC working fine via USB on my Mini (Benchmark DAC3 B, which I use on my co-located hifi system). I find this odd.

OP
I

Irrenarzt

So it turns out I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.2, and there are no available updates at this time. I will have to wait until there are updates for the Tone Board to hopefully work again.

OP
I

Irrenarzt

I complained to Amazon about the Tone Board not working, and they exchanged me out with a new one. New one works fine with 10.15.2. Rocking out with some Hooteroll+ right now. Very cool.

Top Bottom