• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Khadas Tone Board for DIY music Fanatics!

willow

Khadas Tone Board Looking for Reviewers!

Thank you for AudioSciencereview.com allow us to post a thread of Khadas Tone Board here and let more user know our Tone Board.
And we take this chance to invite the forum members to ask for sample reviews.
Please link to http://szwesion.com/free-sample/ to get more free sample reviewing details. if you have any product question, please feel free to reply here and we will answer all your question as soon as possible!

Thank you @

User Manual: Link to Khadas Forum
Khadas Tone Board Unboxing Video on Youtube.

Hi-Res Audio Board Designed for Music Fanatic.
Khadas Tone Board is an amazing USB external Hi-Fi sound card in Khadas family.
Its excellent performance and compatibility will take the listening experience into a whole new level.
And that’s just the beginning…
Inherit Khadas Consistent Breakthrough Design.
We integrated XMOS advanced multi-core RISC architecture microcontroller and ESS flagship 32-Bit stereo mobile audio
DAC ES9038Q2M in such a small PCB. And, we choose 3 independent high performance OPA and
4 ultra-low phase jitter oscillator for best noise reduction. The same as you think,
each power supply path is powered by an independent, ultra-low noise
power supply and the OPA is powered up to ±5.5V.
There are a lot of examples of such designs, but in general,
we try our best to get better performance through optimal design.

Khadas-Tone-Board-Surface-Infront-e1526722756233.jpg

Flexible Interfaces Support Secondary Development
Khadas aspires to help the DIY enthusiasts grow by achieving their ideas and dreams step by step, as well as Tone Board.
Khadas Tone Board has 2 RCAs for analog output @ 2.0Vrms
and 1 RCA for S/PDIF in or out.

For Extension:
  • One 30-Pins FPC Connector for 8 Channels Analog Output Extension
  • Two 10-Pins FPC Connectors for OLED Display and I2S Extension
And Others:
  • One 40-Pins Female header is used for connecting VIMs
  • One 20-Pins SMT Header for debugging XMOS and VIMs
Of course, users can enjoy Tone Board via USB-C interface and Tone Board is a ideally choice for audio developers for obvious reasons.

More good News:
Khadas new heatsink can fit with VIMs and Tone Board.
Convenient for customers to develop and Mold/Enclosure/Case design
So that the customized product can evolve from idea to reality ASAP.

• Khadas Tone + VIMs connected through GPIO Pins
  • Generic Edition won't have GPIO Pins on board.
  • Tone + VIMs will have GPIO Pins

Khadas-Tone-Board-VIMs-Version.jpg

Key Performance Parameters:
THD+N ≤ 0.000337%

Tone Board has excellent THD+N parameter that means we can
barely hear the distortion over the THD+N signal ratio.​
Khadas-Tone-Data1.jpg

SNR ≥ 120dB
The higher the SNR means the clearer the sound in audio system.
Generally, the SNR need to be lower than 110 dB in Hi-Res audio system.​
Khadas-Tone-Data2.jpg

DNR ≥ 120dB
The DNR which let’s hear a wide range and very subtle sounds,
meanwhile, the sound field is horizontal and vertical,
and the sense of space and layering is like a live concert.​
Khadas-Tone-Data3.jpg

Crosstalk (Channel Separation) ≥ 127dB
The higher the crosstalk separation, the higher the isolation level of the
left and right channel so that you can get stunning stereo effects.​
Khadas-Tone-Data4.jpg

Frequency Response ± 0.08dB
Tone Board can output stable enough signals at each frequency point. For the bass,
the low frequency sound is enough but not boom and no dryness, and the alto,
the person’s Voice of middle frequency is close to the front,
the tooth sound is clear and it has the high definition and
the degree of separation, finally the treble is not sharp
and it’s transparent with depth.​
Khadas-Tone-Data5.jpg

Sample Rate and Compatibility.

The XMOS USB audio to ensure a rock-solid connection. We selected to use the
XMOS XU208 microcontroller for its stability, powerful functionality,
and its reliability. You can be sure that the Tone Board will just
work when connected to most audio sources,
such as computers and mobile media terminals.​
Khadas-Tone-board-Compatibility.png

Ultra-low Phase Noise Clock Jitter.
The SiTime ultra performance oscillator SiT820&8209 series with just 0.5ps phase jitter
and output frequency stability as low as ± 10PPM. We chose it as a reference clock
in our audio system so that the data clock jitter < 30ps.
Khadas-Tone-board-Sitime-ultra-low-phase-noise-clock-jitter.png

10-Tone-Package.jpg

Last edited:
OP
willow

willow

Hello,maybe it is. but we have ask the forum's allowance and certainly we will follow the forum rules.
this thread will be closed in one month later.
As we hope more professional members in this forum can ask us free samples for testing.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
Sounds reasonable re samples for testing. But it could have been less of a marketing spiel. I guess we have a good idea of what the company is putting forward and their faith in the product in doing so.

Did I miss any mention of price?

Last edited:
OP
willow

willow

Thank you for your suggestion. Maybe I can edit it like more a sample reviewing thread. Please check later minutes and offer me more suggestions if you can. Your suggestion is quite necessary to us. Thank you.

palamudin

Im suggesting you send me one for "testing" purposes :D

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
These guys have asked me if they can post this and showed intrest in having us test it , I thought it might intrest you guys.
I hope we can get a unit(s) to test :)

( it’s been put down in the dealers area so no diffrent from the rest of the content in here other that these guys showed intrest in sending units to test rather than just using us to post a viral add)

palamudin

Im all cool, if posting a meme is not an obvious joke i here by point out that i was trying to make everyone laugh as in "making a joke".
Device looks very interesting, features are there, parts are well known (dac, xmos, etc.). Looking forward to getting one as a promotional gimmick as the first forum member to reply to their thread and the measurements by @amirm.

OP
willow

willow

Yes, We are welcome the high score Main Contributor in this forum asking for free sample testing. It is our honor. Thank you to this forum offer us this opportunity!

palamudin

On a more serious note, I've read through you promo and i noticed that there are areas of written text that could be improved upon, yes it is understandable but faulty construction of the sentences along with improper uppercase usage tends to lower the credibility of promotion. My advice is to either hire a proper translator or ask someone to help you out with it (polishing current promo texts for a "testing" samples of your products). If no one applies for the job ill be happy to help you out in that area. wink wink (if someone objects to my offer as improper please do feel free to object :) ). We already had this on another thread regarding a device that looks pretty good but suffers from the same problem, promotional texts are the way you reach the audience and clients. Yes, price point, quality and features of the product push through most of the time but why not improve on something if possible.

OP
willow

willow

On a more serious note, I've read through you promo and i noticed that there are areas of written text that could be improved upon, yes it is understandable but faulty construction of the sentences along with improper uppercase usage tends to lower the credibility of promotion. My advice is to either hire a proper translator or ask someone to help you out with it (polishing current promo texts for a "testing" samples of your products). If no one applies for the job ill be happy to help you out in that area. wink wink (if someone objects to my offer as improper please do feel free to object :) ). We already had this on another thread regarding a device that looks pretty good but suffers from the same problem, promotional texts are the way you reach the audience and clients. Yes, price point, quality and features of the product push through most of the time but why not improve on something if possible.
Yes, some Terminology in Audio is really hard for us to translate it in English. could you help? as this translator who can speak English must be in audio industry that will know. and now the product is just finished for sale. We need your help! could you....?

palamudin

Fixed what i saw wrong with it. Feel free to contribute (other forum members) :D

Khadas tone board looking for reviewers!

Thank you for AudioSciencereview.com allow us to post a thread of Khadas Tone Board here and let more user know our Tone Board.
And we take this chance to invite the forum members to ask for sample reviews.
Please link to http://szwesion.com/free-sample/ to get more free sample reviewing details. if you have any product question, please feel free to reply here and we will answer all your question as soon as possible!

Thank you @

User manual: Link to Khadas Forum
Khadas tone board unboxing video on Youtube.

Hi-Res audio board designed for music fanatic.
Khadas Tone Board is an Amazing USB external HIFI sound card in Khadas family.
Its excellent performance and compatibility will takes the listening experience onto a whole new level.
And that’s just the beginning.
Innovative Khadas component breakthrough design.
We integrated XMOS advanced multi-core RISC architecture micro-controller and ESS flagship 32-Bit stereo mobile audio
DAC ES9038Q2M in small package. And, we chose 3 independent high performance OPA and
4 Ultra-Low phase jitter oscillators for best noise reduction. Each power supply path is powered by an independent, ultra-low noise
power supply and the OPA is powered up to ±5.5V. There are a lot of examples of such implementation,but in general,we try our best to get better performance through optimal design.
Khadas-Tone-Board-Surface-Infront-e1526722756233.jpg

Flexible interfaces support secondary development
Khadas aspires to help the DIY enthusiasts grow by achieving their ideas and dreams step by step.
Khadas tone board is of same design, tone board has 2 RCAs for analog output @ 2.0Vrms
and 1 RCA for S/PDIF In or Out.

For extension:
  • One 30-Pins FPC connector for 8 channels analog output extension
  • Two 10-Pins FPC connectors for OLED display and I2S extension
And others:
  • One 40-Pins female header is used for connecting VIMs
  • One 20-Pins SMT header for debugging XMOS and VIMs
Of course, users can enjoy tone board Via USB-C interface and tone board is the best choice for audio developers for obvious reasons.
More good news:
Khadas new heatsink can fit with VIMs and tone board.
Convenient for customers that want to develop and customize design
so that the customized product can evolve from idea to reality ASAP.
  • Khadas tone + VIMs connected through GPIO Pins
  • Generic Edition won't have GPIO pins on board.
  • Tone + VIMs will have GPIO pins
Khadas-Tone-Board-VIMs-Version.jpg

Key performance parameters:
THD+N ≤ 0.000337%

Khadas-Tone-Data1.jpg

SNR ≥ 120dB
Khadas-Tone-Data2.jpg

DNR ≥ 120dB
Khadas-Tone-Data3.jpg

Crosstalk (channel separation) ≥ 127dB
Khadas-Tone-Data4.jpg

Frequency response ± 0.08dB
Khadas-Tone-Data5.jpg

Khadas-Tone-board-Compatibility.png

Ultra-low phase noise clock jitter.
The SiTime ultra performance oscillator SiT820&8209 series with just 0.5ps phase jitter
and output frequency stability as low as ± 10PPM. We chose it as a reference clock
in our audio system so that the data clock jitter remains < 30ps.
Khadas-Tone-board-Sitime-ultra-low-phase-noise-clock-jitter.png

Last edited:
OP
willow

willow

I find the difference between us is:
1. "Inherit" vs "Innovative", why we use Inherit but not innovative, there is some relatives in our other Khadas Famliy. Such as our Khadas VIMs, they are being of the DIY function, and Khadas Tone board is inherit this DIY function. There are connectors on Khadas Tone board and headers pins for DIY extension, so it is inherit but not innovative.
2. DAC ES9038Q2M in such a small PCB. vs "Package", you use Package instead? I am sorry maybe not, as PCB is a mother board without any components, PCBA is a mother board with all necessary components.
3. 4 Ultra-Low Phase Jitter Oscillator for Our Audio System, use " for best noise reduction " to instead of "for our audio System", I agree that.
4. the OPA is powered up to ±5.5V
will change like yours.
5. There are a lot of examples of such designs ,
will change like yours
6. optimal design.
will change like yours
7. DIY enthusiasts and DIY Makeres I think both are ok.
8. Khadas tone board is of same design, I think the original ones ""Khadas Tone board is the same", actually we want to express that, Khadas VIM and Khadas Tone board, both of them are want to help makers grow. I think will us "as well as Khadas Tone board"
9. users can enjoy tone board Via USB-C interface and tone board is the best choice for audio developers for obvious reasons.
yours is much more better.
10. "More good news" vs "another good news" , both of them are ok?
11. "customize design" vs "Mold design", mold design we mean that Business can easliy make the mold/enclosure/case easily because that Tone Board and VIMs can be connected through 20Pin Headers, so they don't need to customize the hardware design, just open a project on mold design directly.
12. so that the customized product can evolve from idea to reality ASAP
yours is much more clear.
===>> thank you at last I make up all the compare. Thank you again for your help. this compare can make reader understand our express more easily I think.

palamudin

I find the difference between us is:
1. "Inherit" vs "Innovative", why we use Inherit but not innovative, there is some relatives in our other Khadas Famliy. Such as our Khadas VIMs, they are being of the DIY function, and Khadas Tone board is inherit this DIY function. There are connectors on Khadas Tone board and headers pins for DIY extension, so it is inherit but not innovative.
2. DAC ES9038Q2M in such a small PCB. vs "Package", you use Package instead? I am sorry maybe not, as PCB is a mother board without any components, PCBA is a mother board with all necessary components.
3. 4 Ultra-Low Phase Jitter Oscillator for Our Audio System, use " for best noise reduction " to instead of "for our audio System", I agree that.
4. the OPA is powered up to ±5.5V
will change like yours.
5. There are a lot of examples of such designs ,
will change like yours
6. optimal design.
will change like yours
7. DIY enthusiasts and DIY Makeres I think both are ok.
8. Khadas tone board is of same design, I think the original ones ""Khadas Tone board is the same", actually we want to express that, Khadas VIM and Khadas Tone board, both of them are want to help makers grow. I think will us "as well as Khadas Tone board"
9. users can enjoy tone board Via USB-C interface and tone board is the best choice for audio developers for obvious reasons.
yours is much more better.
10. "More good news" vs "another good news" , both of them are ok?
11. "customize design" vs "Mold design", mold design we mean that Business can easliy make the mold/enclosure/case easily because that Tone Board and VIMs can be connected through 20Pin Headers, so they don't need to customize the hardware design, just open a project on mold design directly.
12. so that the customized product can evolve from idea to reality ASAP
yours is much more clear.
===>> thank you at last I make up all the compare. Thank you again for your help. this compare can make reader understand our express more easily I think.
1. inherit ɪnˈhɛrɪt/ verb receive (money, property, or a title) as an heir at the death of the previous holder.
derive (a quality, characteristic, or predisposition) genetically from one's parents or ancestors
If there if this is a product that derives from previous ones you could say its a Successor but not use the word inherit it doesnt translate well. It could be used with a prior explanation of previous designs that it gets inherited traits from
2. PCB stands only for the board you are packing components on, package is the whole product you are marketing, you are not selling empty pcbs
7. Maker is not applicable in that context, everyone would understand what you mean by it but its not in the "spirit" of the English language to be used in such manner its a subtle difference but one that clearly distinguishes a "native" speaker from foreigner that accepts literal translations for granted.
10. Another good news: "Native speakers would choose "piece of news" or "bit of news" here, Bright Hope. Saying "another good news" is not at all idiomatic for native speakers of American or British English. This use seems to pop up in the English spoken by people from other parts of the world, particularly Asia and India. " quote from here: https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/one-good-news-another-good-news.1967670/
11. mold : a hollow container into which you pour a soft or liquid substance so that it will cool or harden into the shape of the container. I understand the context that you would like to use it but another one that doesnt translate well to English language on its own.

Another point i have to make, if you compare your original text with edited version in my reply you will see that a lot of the uppercase words you used have been changed to lowercase (meaning not every word should start with big letter). Using uppercase in consecutive words can be accepted if the words are "names" of either people, countries, streets, products. Some use such lettering to emphasize certain elements in the sentence but overuse creates incoherent reading material that is usually unnatural to readers. It creates reading fatigue and ultimately points out at faulty writer or software used.

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
He only asked for reviewers of the boards, not the message. :rolleyes:

palamudin

He only asked for reviewers of the boards, not the message. :rolleyes:
Shoo, you're ruining my business. :D

I wouldn't bother if he wasn't willing to accept critique, I'm not getting payed for this you know. Its a gesture of good will while listening some music in the background.

OP
willow

willow

1.OK, agree!
2. Insist to use PCB.
ESS flagship 32-Bit stereo mobile audio DAC ES9038Q2M in such a small PCB, I ask our team, better use PCB it means the Circuit board wiring.
7. Done
10. Done.
the link is very interesting to me, I like it:
https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/one-good-news-another-good-news.1967670/
11. Mold development is a professional vocabulary in industry, but in order for better understanding, I change it to
"Mold/Case/Enclosure"
three together.
12. uppercase words, such as "Khadas Tone Board" and some other terminology, I will use for the role of emphasis. I think this is for different user reading dehaviors, can be accepted.

Top Bottom