• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Khadas Tea - New smartphone dac and amplifier

Vini darko

Major Contributor
I love how they show it magically attached to a phone. Anyway it's a very nice looking little device. Hopfully it has a internal battery to be able supply decent power.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I love how they show it magically attached to a phone. Anyway it's a very nice looking little device. Hopfully it has a internal battery to be able supply decent power.

it's not magic it's MagSafe, it's a new iPhone 12 feature to keep wireless charging surfaces 'locked up' to the phone during charging. in an effort to remove the charging plug eventually in future phones.

Oldasdrt

I just hope it has a better interface than the Tone 2 pro, although it had good specs here,from our famed reviewer :)

tecnogadget

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Holly cow ! I’ve just realized Khadas website got some good injection of capital $ ! Good for them

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just hope it has a better interface than the Tone 2 pro, although it had good specs here,from our famed reviewer :)
Actually, the user interface makes sense once your used to it. They’d never have fitted all of that functionality into a small form factor with conventional switches

Oldasdrt

Actually, the user interface makes sense once your used to it. They’d never have fitted all of that functionality into a small form factor with conventional switches
No way I could ever remember any of the info for the lights, hard enough for Neutron player :)

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No way I could ever remember any of the info for the lights, hard enough for Neutron player :)
I gave up with neutron player:)

Oldasdrt

I gave up with neutron player:)
I’m thinking of going with either UAPP or this for my iPad,

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If they can sort out those few problems, and sell it for half the price, I’m good.
I’m not sure there is a cake and eat it option re: sophisticated controls on a tiny device. My Toppjng nx4 has precious little on it, despite being larger than the tone 2 pro. Turns out though that all of my headphones have a bass roll off that gets fixed by the bass eq button, so it’s fine. It’s going to be interesting to see how Khadas deal with the iPhone power problem that prevents operation of the tone 2 without a power supply. Can’t see how they are going to drive an awkward ‘phone like the hd650 without a beefy battery. They could go balanced output, but on my tone 2 this is only just enough to make it truly useable.

Vict0r

I like Khadas. They make funky, slightly out of the box stuff. If this Tea thing measures well, I'm sure iPhone owners here in the forum will be really happy.

juliangst

I hope it will be well priced. It’s basically just a Bluetooth DAC amp that attaches magnetically to iPhones. I definitely need something with more power than my btr5 for portable use but I guess the khadas will only have around 300-500mW.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Specs are out. It won’t handle your HD6XXs and the like. Shame really, I guess the average buyer will be using Beats anyway.

CedarX

Forum Donor
I am a little at loss at what Khadas is trying to do here. Conceptually, it’s in the same category as the Qudelix 5K, Fiio BTR5, etc… But more $$ for less features and less power??? Yes, it’s cute and you get the MagSafe attachment. But if I use it in Bluetooth mode, why do I want to attach the thing to my phone? And if I want to try the lossless option on my iPhone (MQA, anyone? :p), I need this additional $29, 1m long, lightning to USB-C Apple cable, or something like a ddHifi adapter + USB-C cable and try to make the whole stuff pocketable… Am I missing something here??? And what about this shady RT6863 Ricore/SGM amp. chip?

staticV3

Master Contributor
I am a little at loss at what Khadas is trying to do here. Conceptually, it’s in the same category as the Qudelix 5K, Fiio BTR5, etc… But more $$ for less features and less power??? Yes, it’s cute and you get the MagSafe attachment. But if I use it in Bluetooth mode, why do I want to attach the thing to my phone? And if I want to try the lossless option on my iPhone (MQA, anyone? :p), I need this additional $29, 1m long, lightning to USB-C Apple cable, or something like a ddHifi adapter + USB-C cable and try to make the whole stuff pocketable… Am I missing something here??? And what about this shady RT6863 Ricore/SGM amp. chip?
10cm long C-C and Lightning-C cables are included in the box:
Screenshot_20220108-181134_Chrome Canary.jpg

Top Bottom