• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KH310A vs 708P

Ultrasonic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I was just looking at the 708p manual out of curisiosity and it does offer all the time delay options you could want, and does also allow you to apply a high-pass filter to the main speakers (at 60, 70, 80, 100 or 120 Hz but with an unspecified roll-off). Two things you definitely will gain with an SHD Studio though are an easier to apply room EQ (Dirac), which will also importantly cover your subwoofer's output (which the JBLs won't give you the option of).

OP
J

jumper

I was just looking at the 708p manual out of curisiosity and it does offer all the time delay options you could want, and does also allow you to apply a high-pass filter to the main speakers (at 60, 70, 80, 100 or 120 Hz but with an unspecified roll-off). Two things you definitely will gain with an SHD Studio though are an easier to apply room EQ (Dirac), which will also importantly cover your subwoofer's output (which the JBLs won't give you the option of).

I did read that as well, although I feel better letting the SHD Studio handle the whole thing - not sure if there would be any benefit splitting the duties. Feature set wise miniDSP has a good thing with the SHD line, the only other unit I could compare with was the RME ADI-2-Pro but its lacking room correction and is twice the price.

Top Bottom