• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ken Fritz - Audiophile Documentary

TheWalkman

An update on the Ken Fritz story.

Spoiler alert: 35,000 watts. 24 subwoofers, 9' line arrays, 1500 pound turntable, 200 amp dedicated circuit.

(I'm worried that sharing the story on this forum is like tapping a keg at an AA meeting. You have been warned!)

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
An update on the Ken Fritz story.

Spoiler alert: 35,000 watts. 24 subwoofers, 9' line arrays, 1500 pound turntable, 200 amp dedicated circuit.

(I'm worried that sharing the story on this forum is like tapping a keg at an AA meeting. You have been warned!)
Thanks for posting the update. I'm glad his hearing is not affected and that he continues to enjoy his system

TheWalkman

A friend turned me on to this story just today. How inspiring.

PS Audio has a great write up on the project. I’d think most folks here, who take their audio rather seriously, will appreciate the Herculean effort he has put into this system.

https://www.psaudio.com/copper/article/5400-hours-of-fun/

Though some might debate whether this is the best sounding stereo ever built, I’m sure it sounds incredible.

Enjoy, and best wishes to Ken. I hope the system brings him pleasure as he battles the ALS.

Sonny1

Thanks for sharing. Very sad to hear about his condition but I love that he said he appreciates life more than ever since his diagnosis. That’s a lesson for all of us, especially grumpy types (like me) who tend to focus on the negatives.

Hopefully he will be able to stick around a while and enjoy the system he has spent so much time and energy putting together. I should feel sad but I’m happy he accomplished his goal. Thanks for sharing the story.

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
He took speaker design cues from Thiel and is devoted to Krell hardware. Do Thiel speakers measure particularly well? Do Krell amps perform well enough to merit the price?

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
The system's being auctioned
FB_IMG_1699211628036.jpg

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Helping give a bad name to audiophiles.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
The real cost was unfathomable………… friends?, a life?.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think that we do plenty of that to ourselves without outside help... lol.
I really don't think of myself as an audiophile. I made my system as a design exercise. You could call me a masochist, I suppose.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom