• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF Unicore

stren

Forum Donor
because the k92 is 2000, and isn't a good seller product because it's expensive; most of the good deal subs are selling between 500 to 1000, so if they increase the price they will sell even less xD
i have the kef r series bookshelf, but the k92 it's too expensive, they need to make a decent price sub, not the kef cube series.
Most of the people that have the r3, r300 or ls50 doesn't pair up with kef subs because they are too expensive for what they do

I think if they made the aesthetics match the LS50 I think they'd sell more tbh. To compete as a sub it's not anything special, but if it's more of a lifestyle product that's different.

Side note - do their sub drivers not have rubber surrounds? How does that work? Is it just open on the side or is the surround hidden?

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
I think if they made the aesthetics match the LS50 I think they'd sell more tbh. To compete as a sub it's not anything special, but if it's more of a lifestyle product that's different.

Side note - do their sub drivers not have rubber surrounds? How does that work? Is it just open on the side or is the surround hidden?
For me is more about the price.. seriously, the price
I start to think about the kef r400 sub, because if a new kef new appear maybe the r400 will be more affordable, also match my r300 XD
1610989589012.png

bo_knows

Addicted to Fun and Learning
For me is more about the price.. seriously, the price
I start to think about the kef r400 sub, because if a new kef new appear maybe the r400 will be more affordable, also match my r300 XD
View attachment 106926
I have that sub and bought it on sale for $1400. Later on, it was selling for $1000 because the new sub (KF92) was coming out.
Excellent product for the $1000-1400 range. I don't see them for sale any longer though.

Music1969

Major Contributor
GoldenEar subs and Devialet Phantoms do something similar with this kind of force cancelling design.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting ground lift switch.

tecnogadget

KC62 !!! Wow this is amazing !! Such an incredible performance inside a tiny cute sub !! Ouch for the pricetag 1500€...

Never imagined it would have 6,5" drivers, it's like cutting in half an R3 haha.

LearningToSmile

Ouch for the pricetag 1500€...
It's the same price as a pair of LS50 Meta's, so it seems reasonable? But maybe my expectations are skewed because in lower budget area I operate in I had to pay more for a decent subwoofer than I paid for my speakers. Cute little subwoofer anyway.

Would be nice to know what SPL that claimed 11Hz extension is at, because with how they describe their DSP I don't think it's -3dB from their claimed max of 105dB.

Spinitch

Can it pass as a air purifier neutralize COVID? Low frequency can help right? The appearance n size nice enough to get approval for living room but the price is going to need some smooth negotiations. Good match for M105s?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

tecnogadget

Can’t wait for measurements to come up !
Im setting up a Home Theater disguised into a normal living room. At first I will try what kind of performance I can get with only 1 sub + room correction or PEQ. If results are not satisfactory enough then Dual Sub.

Small footprint is a must because of WAF, aesthetics and convenience (less stuff around the place easier for the Roomba to clean up haha).
At the moment I only had these options: SVS SB-1000 599€ and KEF KUBE 10b/12b 649€/749€.

This new KEF KC62 has smaller footprint, better design and “in theory” better performance. Its a solution for all my needs but way out of my budget at 3 times the price of SVS.

I’m still very glad Kef goes into this direction addressing small mighty subs. Hopefully they release a budget version of sub with Uni-Core late 2021 / beginning 2022.

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In my conversations with KEF about this, by the way, they said it could reach 20Hz at roughly 80dB anechoic. So a fair bit louder than that in-room. This is more than good enough for my uses, but obviously don't expect theater-level sub-bass peaks

Top Bottom