• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef to announce new products?

Vacceo

Major Contributor
It s something new and very interesting from Kef. Stay tuned! :)
And the gods of metal said let there be infrasonics, and KEF released a subwoofer so powerful that it could dry your laundry!

Reactions: Zvu
OP
Jukebox

Jukebox

And the gods of metal said let there be infrasonics, and KEF released a subwoofer so powerful that it could dry your laundry!
I was at the factory in Maidstone last week to test the new products...and no, it was no subwoofer :)
But it's something much better actually

Attachments

• 20220407_141645.jpg
    20220407_141645.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 405
  • 20220407_144016.jpg
    20220407_144016.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 411

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Some day I´ll just slip in there, during the night, with a couple powerlifting friends, and steal a pair of Blades... :cool:

I listened to them some weeks ago and they feel like the supercharged version of my humble IQ7´s. The do esentially the same, but with a control, precission, and finesse several orders of magnitude above.

In terms of speakers, I honestly think KEF is among the top of the top. Being European, I cannot get Revel, so I will not comment on them, but the closest sound I have listened to that I liked as much, is Perlisten. The only element I think KEF can really push in terms of quality bang per euro is in their subwoofers. Not that the KC62 and 92 are bad, on the contrary, but extra SPL on infrasonics and a balanced input would definetly be welcomed. :)

bo_knows

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I was at the factory in Maidstone last week to test the new products...and no, it was no subwoofer :)
But it's something much better actually
Nice, I assume in the picture are true "reference" speakers that others are measured against.

OP
Jukebox

Jukebox

Nice, I assume in the picture are true "reference" speakers that others are measured against.
Yes, those are the factory standard. That's why the colors are strange...they use whatever is on hand when it comes to color :)

Mystery Bear

I just hope there's a passive version if it's LS60. Integrated subwoofer is an interesting idea, but not sure if that makes sense for me.

Emlin

Active cardioid floorstanders or I'm out.

bo_knows

So these are active mini blades, interesting. I wonder how mini the price will be.
The image got removed before I could see it. Dang. I guess I will have to wait for the reveal.

P.S. Just saw it on reddit site. I guess KEF listen and did what customers/people wanted. It seems they fused the LS50 with KC62 in a prolonged box. My first impression after seeing the picture was slightly underwhelming. I may change my opinion once I see and hear more.

Last edited:

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Give them a price between the R and the Reference and I'll find a way to get those in black. :)

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Speaking of tweaks, I wouldn't mind a rework on their Atmos satellites. When I listened to the blades it was just stereo music, but I'm sure they would have sounded great for films and games too.

JDragon

Wish it was a little wider and had a bit more tapered Blade-y look, but probably asking too much in the target price range for that complex of a cabinet.

MCH

Major Contributor
If the drivers are the same as ls50, seems quite tall, doesn't it?

Top Bottom