• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef to announce new products?

Ataraxia

Interesting Q and R still on sale

stren

Forum Donor
Assuming it is the LSX II - I hope they add wisa to enable them to be used as wireless surrounds, they would be a really nice choice for that application.

Ataraxia

Assuming it is the LSX II - I hope they add wisa to enable them to be used as wireless surrounds, they would be a really nice choice for that application.
Interesting idea. That would be awesome.

Crosstalk

Looking at how good the current r series is, I wonder what can they improve it further. Its already like mac m1 chips which kept the bench mark and everyone else has lots of work to do to reach their level. If kef pushes further, all others are doomed imo. Sadly, not everyone understands the measurements due to the audiophool gurus.

Crosstalk

I believe the R sale is supposed to end tomorrow
No I think its until 31st. But if you go to a hifistore and negotiate they knock the prices down further. I got R11 for 3600, but with a 2 months of the waiting time

Sgidora

I'm holding out on purchasing a new pair of stand mounts (Ref 1 or LS50 Meta + dual KC62) with the hope of a new Reference line being announced. I've been asking around but not getting any good info. Wavesharp you've given me some hope! Now it's just a waiting game... hoping the new series gets announced before the summer.

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No I think its until 31st. But if you go to a hifistore and negotiate they knock the prices down further. I got R11 for 3600, but with a 2 months of the waiting time

I'm willing to wait 2 months for that price. Able to share the contact?

tecnogadget

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Soon we will see new KEF speakers. I saw them.
Where…? Do you work at KEF or are affiliated in any way with GP ACOUSTICS UK LTD ?

There has been an accidental leak on one of their youtube videos (now offline) of LXS II, and a blade prototype with metamaterial, bot those are just refreshments of existing line up.

wavesharp

Where…? Do you work at KEF or are affiliated in any way with GP ACOUSTICS UK LTD ?

There has been an accidental leak on one of their youtube videos (now offline) of LXS II, and a blade prototype with metamaterial, bot those are just refreshments of existing line up.
I don't work for KEF's company.
I am a KEF's user and bought Blade and Reference serials.

Sgidora

I believe most dealers should know these new KEFs.
Care to give us any more info at all? Which series are being refreshed? Is it just addition of meta or a whole overhaul? When will these products be announced, and when will they be available?

tecnogadget

It seems unconvincing that any dealer would have knowledge of future products too far in advance of their launch, and it makes very little sense, as it would give rise to leaks. I could believe that they knew at most 1 month or a few weeks before the official launch, and high-level regional dealers not the typical neighborhood hifi store.

This sounds more like speculation to me knowing that they will surely release something this year, which does not require a crystal ball…

JDragon

A few people on KEF Facebook groups are claiming dealers are telling them the new Reference line is coming in April.

Ata

Forum Donor
Kef just posted on their Facebook page that in October, to celebrate their 60 years anniversary, exciting things will follow.
Maybe the Reference Meta or who knows what goodies are prepared for us.

View attachment 156694

2022 came and still no definite news after the teaser 3.5 months ago. New Reference series in April? Very SPOTIFYesque move. :p As good as the Reference series is (cf Reference 4C review -- thanks Amir!) its price range means that it is out of reach for many.

I think there is a lot they could do in other areas of their product line. Room correction on their active speakers. R3 based active speaker. User tunable FR. Cardiod design...

Last edited:

tecnogadget

2022 came and still no definite news after the teaser 3.5 months ago. New Reference series in April? Very SPOTIFYesque move. :p As good as the Reference series is (cf Reference 4C review -- thanks Amir!) its price range means that it is out of reach for many.

I think there is a lot they could do in other areas of their product line. Room correction on their active speakers. R3 based active speaker. User tunable FR. Cardiod design...
You got to understand KEF is going full house into the actives and lifestyle segmentation, aka LSX, LS50 W, KC62, etc.

And we are currently living a world wide chip shortage, energy and logistics crisis.

This has affected their planned roadmap (insider info), hence no new products even if they have turned 60 years and wanted to celebrate. It’s pretty much the same situation for a lot of manufacturers.

BoredErica

You got to understand KEF is going full house into the actives and lifestyle segmentation, aka LSX, LS50 W, KC62, etc.

And we are currently living a world wide chip shortage, energy and logistics crisis.

This has affected their planned roadmap (insider info), hence no new products even if they have turned 60 years and wanted to celebrate. It’s pretty much the same situation for a lot of manufacturers.
I'm still worried about how long their powered speakers will last and how much it'll take to repair them out of warranty. Kind of stressful for me getting LS50 Wireless II for $2800 and to have the amp maybe malfunction or something. Genelec has a good track record of repair. I'd rather get LS50 Meta and a $330 amp, and if it breaks I can replace it ez.

bo_knows

I'm still worried about how long their powered speakers will last and how much it'll take to repair them out of warranty. Kind of stressful for me getting LS50 Wireless II for $2800 and to have the amp maybe malfunction or something. Genelec has a good track record of repair. I'd rather get LS50 Meta and a $330 amp, and if it breaks I can replace it ez.
I can only speak from personal experience. My original LS50W had an issue powering on after 3 plus years of service.
I opened the ticket with KEF and they only asked me for proof of purchase. I had to pay for shipping and the speakers were fixed promptly and returned. It was an excellent customer service experience.

Top Bottom