• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef to announce new products?

Descartes

Major Contributor
Actually should be much sooner than this ;)
I sure hope so 2022 hopefully, the next ones as we have seen are the Reference meta as we saw the in progress release now withdrawn from the international website!

radio3

Would be nice if they’d make a less micro big brother to the KC62 with aluminum enclosure, white color option, and fancy driver technology, only with deeper extension and more SPL. I know they make the KF92 but think there’s room in the middle and for something that disappears visually more than piano black sharp edged cube.

OP
Jukebox

Jukebox

The Reference Meta and Blade Meta are official out and hot :)

New features :

- A 12th Gen Uni-Q specially designed for the BLADE. (this means the same uni-q will be used for Blade & Reference also)
- Upgrade with KEF latest innovation, MAT (Metamaterial Absorption Technology)
- Optimized crossover
- new colors
- new stand for Ref 1

Remains the same:

- the cabinets
- apparently the bass drivers

I also see a reduction in sensibility in Ref 3 and 5 with 1-2 dB and the impedance 4 Ω (min. 3.2 Ω) all across the range; Before was 8 Ω

1645089033537.png

1645090040726.png

1645089076433.png

Last edited:

stren

Forum Donor
The interesting thing for me was that in Amir's review of the reference center - there was almost no distortion in the midrange that the MAT is supposed to help with anyway. I was hoping updated blades would use some of the KC62 style tech as well and maybe go active in order to further differentiate from the reference.

Nfalck

Maybe some bargains to be had. The OG Reference speakers won't be one whit less performative if KEF introduces a Meta Reference series.
I got a new pair of LS50s a couple months after the metas came out for $800. Bargains will be HAD.

JDragon

The interesting thing for me was that in Amir's review of the reference center - there was almost no distortion in the midrange that the MAT is supposed to help with anyway. I was hoping updated blades would use some of the KC62 style tech as well and maybe go active in order to further differentiate from the reference.
I’ve read two different claims in KEF Facebook groups that there is an active LS50-based floorstander with integrated KC62 coming. Just rumors for now but that would be a fantastic product if it really is true.

Descartes

Major Contributor
The Reference Meta and Blade Meta are official out and hot :)

New features :

- A 12th Gen Uni-Q specially designed for the BLADE. (this means the same uni-q will be used for Blade & Reference also)
- Upgrade with KEF latest innovation, MAT (Metamaterial Absorption Technology)
- Optimized crossover
- new colors
- new stand for Ref 1

Remains the same:

- the cabinets
- apparently the bass drivers

I also see a reduction in sensibility in Ref 3 and 5 with 1-2 dB and the impedance 4 Ω (min. 3.2 Ω) all across the range; Before was 8 Ω

View attachment 187179

View attachment 187183

View attachment 187181
And pricing through the roof!

Descartes

Major Contributor
I’ve read two different claims in KEF Facebook groups that there is an active LS50-based floorstander with integrated KC62 coming. Just rumors for now but that would be a fantastic product if it really is true.
Called the Blades

andrewngu

Is this a good enough deal to be had?

Got these in October, but I need that META.

JDragon

Is this a good enough deal to be had?

Got these in October, but I need that META.
Looking at hifishark history, they were selling between 7-8.5K prior to the Reference Meta announcement. There’s a Rosewood pair up for 8.2K right now. I think 10K is a bit ambitious now that the Meta is out.

OP
Jukebox

Jukebox

And pricing through the roof!
It was only normal to increase the prices...everything is more expensive (electricity, gas, transport, raw material...etc)
The new Uni Q has some serious improvements, the engineering behind it must also to be payed.
Add to this the Made in UK stuff and the price is about right in my book.
Offcourse I would love the same price as the old ones, considering the Ref1 is on my buying short list, but I'm happy it's not a bigger price increase overall :)

radio3

I gave up on waiting and ended up buying Metas. Very happy with them so far. Heard they are updating the R series for meta material as well so that would be my guess on what the next release will be (just a guess and hoping in the next year or two, I will be able to buy some R5 Metas for my living room). In my case, for use as computer speakers, the LS50 Metas made sense. I was hoping to see whether there would be a new LSX II or maybe some new LS50 Meta colors but after moving my Q100s back to the living room and being speaker-less for a few months at my desk, I got tired of waiting. Who knows when new products will be released with these global supply shortages.
Why did you go with big speakers on desk rather than something like a pair of Genelec G Ones with F One sub or something? Just curious since it’s sitting quite close and quite a bit of volume to sacrifice on desk.

Top Bottom