• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF Reference and Blade Meta announced, but where is the R Meta?????

MarkWinston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
https://uk.kef.com/
Why isnt KEF updating their R series? Afraid of disturbing the LS50 Meta sales? The R series isnt popular enough? How many kidneys I got to sell now?

Prices are as follow -

Blade One Meta: £30,000
Blade Two Meta: £22,500
Reference 5 Meta: £17,500
Reference 3 Meta: £11,500
Reference 1 Meta: £7,500
Reference 4 Meta: £6,500
Reference 2 Meta: £4,750
S-RF1 Floor Stand: £1,000
REF 8b Subwoofer: £6,000
(From Pursuit Perfect System)

Ata

Forum Donor
Nice to see the next gen high end KEF speakers. I expected to see some active speakers, too.

Crosstalk

The reference series is 8 years old while the R series is only 4.

It makes sense to update reference first.
Yes but now suddenly r series became undesirable. When everything else has meta, it feels outdated.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hope there will be some white papers on those too as well as some spinorama to see also the other differences except the metamaterial tweeter rear radiation absorber, for example in tuning.

Crosstalk

Hope there will be some white papers on those too as well as some spinorama to see also the other differences except the metamaterial tweeter rear radiation absorber, for example in tuning.
Already the older speakers were quite flat and had low distortions to the level where it wasn’t audible. It was already SOTA, I wonder what these offers better now. The ls50 Orginal had some wavy FR which they fixed : with meta or different crossover,- we don’t know

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Already the older speakers were quite flat and had low distortions to the level where it wasn’t audible. It was already SOTA, I wonder what these offers better now. The ls50 Orginal had some wavy FR which they fixed : with meta or different crossover,- we don’t know
Yes, will be interesting what the differences will be as like you say for these the bar was set already quite high, although the Blade 1 didn't have as perfect FR as the later Blade 2 or Reference, also there was a lower mids distortion peak on the German Stereoplay measurements so I am sure there the new ones will be better.

OP
M

MarkWinston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This is what people thought when the first blade came. They somehow push it further and further.
Blade One or Blade One Meta, either can easily be end game. The OG LS50s were bright as we can see on the spin, the Meta corrected it. The Reference and R were darker sounding speakers, I expect the Meta version to sound overall brighter.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
https://uk.kef.com/
Why isnt KEF updating their R series? Afraid of disturbing the LS50 Meta sales? The R series isnt popular enough? How many kidneys I got to sell now?

Prices are as follow -

Blade One Meta: £30,000
Blade Two Meta: £22,500
Reference 5 Meta: £17,500
Reference 3 Meta: £11,500
Reference 1 Meta: £7,500
Reference 4 Meta: £6,500
Reference 2 Meta: £4,750
S-RF1 Floor Stand: £1,000
REF 8b Subwoofer: £6,000
(From Pursuit Perfect System)
Mark, I am guessing the prices listed per pair , correct? If so, not as big of a price hike as i would have expected

Top Bottom