• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

kef r7 in small room

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Hey hello

Im very interested in kef r7's for my small room

My plan is set those at 20cm from the wall, 1.7 meters of each other and 47cm for the left and right wall's, the distance between me and the speakers 1.5 meters

Its fine or its too much? im in love with these r7's

im gonna EQ the mids/highs to my taste but im a bit worry about the bass o_O
the room is 2.8 x 3.3 meters, weird form + my bed

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
im gonna do it XDD
1625195387834.png

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Me and my 8.5” x 12” listening room are curious as to how it will turn out for you…
that's in feet right?
Im gonna report back :D
Maybe this weekend im gonna do the deal, a 2nd hand pair of r7s

Reactions: GDK

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey hello

Im very interested in kef r7's for my small room

My plan is set those at 20cm from the wall, 1.7 meters of each other and 47cm for the left and right wall's, the distance between me and the speakers 1.5 meters

Its fine or its too much? im in love with these r7's

im gonna EQ the mids/highs to my taste but im a bit worry about the bass o_O
the room is 2.8 x 3.3 meters, weird form + my bed
That is a very small triangle (5 feet) for any speaker arrangement, but I guess coaxial makes sense here.

It sounds like you have the right idea with placement, though. Here is the best-sounding placement in my room, a 7.5 feet triangle (2.3m). Work in progress.

EQ will be mandatory up to at least 300 Hz to clear up the bass issues caused by the room.

Attachments

• NZ6_5805.jpg
    NZ6_5805.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 518
OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
That is a very small triangle (5 feet) for any speaker arrangement, but I guess coaxial makes sense here.

It sounds like you have the right idea with placement, though. Here is the best-sounding placement in my room, a 7.5 feet triangle (2.3m). Work in progress.

EQ will be mandatory up to at least 300 Hz to clear up the bass issues caused by the room.

the problem from my room is the right wall xD
1625198275190.png

Streamc

Same question. Big speakers in small room. I want polk r700. 10 ft vs 6.5 feet. 3 ft from the wall. I want to choose Polk L200 vs R700.
I would place in front of long wall.

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Ok i had to use my credit card
kef r7.png

a little eq to down a little bit the 5-8khz, its impressive how nice these speakers are, also very cool looking.
Non regret to put those big boys in my small room, they sound even better than my bookshelf in the mid bass, not cancelation in bass region or something like that, i really like these speakers <3 im in love.
Work impressive in my small room, of course im not expecting an stadium soundstage :p

Last edited:

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You will still want a pair of subwoofers, the R7 are -6dB at 33Hz. Which is pretty respectable, but doesn't quite cover the whole spectrum if you listen to modern content. Not to mention you can improve the mid-bass distortion even further by taking some load off those 6.5" woofers.

Also, treat your room. KEF coaxial speakers have a consistent/forgiving radiation pattern, but some absorption on the ceiling and rear wall won't go amiss.

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
You will still want a pair of subwoofers, the R7 are -6dB at 33Hz. Which is pretty respectable, but doesn't quite cover the whole spectrum if you listen to modern content. Not to mention you can improve the mid-bass distortion even further by taking some load off those 6.5" woofers.

Also, treat your room. KEF coaxial speakers have a consistent/forgiving radiation pattern, but some absorption on the ceiling and rear wall won't go amiss.
They are -6db 27hz in room ( my small room maybe qualify as in room xD) , for me is perfect
My purifi +r7 are my dream
Im very happy

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Seriously i can't stop to listen the r7's, i cant believe how well they fit in my small room xD, i got everything that i wanted, my life its complete xDDDD.

Detail, clean sound in the entire FR, weight in the sound, man i love the speaker..., my unit had the shadow flare a bit out, and the mids sound a little weird, i pushed in the Shadow Flare with my fingers and the magic start. The flare thing is very easy to fix, and quick.
Very nice job Kef team :)

1625433042712.png

Top Bottom