• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef R3's split a pair for centers Netherlands

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
Fellow ASR members, I am interested to have 3 Kef R3's for Left Right and Center but most dealers in the Netherlands sell them in pairs.

I thought if someone here is interested we could split a pair. Interested in the black ones and have found some deals with 500 euro per piece.

Any takers?

diddley

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
would love to help you but i,ve got home cinema ready and kef's also enjoy you r3!

LightninBoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Fellow ASR members, I am interested to have 3 Kef R3's for Left Right and Center but most dealers in the Netherlands sell them in pairs.

I thought if someone here is interested we could split a pair. Interested in the black ones and have found some deals with 500 euro per piece.

Any takers?

This is a good strategy, IMO. Hope you find a taker.

If it helps, for the center speaker In my last system I ended up buying a pair of speakers and just kept one in storage. That was still about the same price as buying the matching center channel in the series, and I got a spare speaker.

OP
C

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
This is a good strategy, IMO. Hope you find a taker.

If it helps, for the center speaker In my last system I ended up buying a pair of speakers and just kept one in storage. That was still about the same price as buying the matching center channel in the series, and I got a spare speaker.

I am considering also to maybe buy two pairs and keep one spare. But I thought I give it a try here

Zoomer

Heb je die van 875,- op marktplaats gezien? Er staat niet bij "vaste prijs" ;)

OP
C

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
Any takers on this deal? Still looking for someone to split a pair

OP
C

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
Looks like I am stuck
Pity that stores don't give the options to get a single one

OP
C

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
469 euro per piece

Still no takers for one?

theCl0d

One question: in order to get proper central sound integration do we have to position it vertically? or doesn't matter.

OP
C

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
Due to the coaxial driver of the midrange the frequency response is practically identical between vertical and horizontal positioning

So you can use whichever fits best for your setup practically or aesthetically

Darvis

469 euro per piece

Still no takers for one?
This place has great prices!

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Why not these as center speaker ?

OP
C

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
Ideally the LCR should be identical. I don't think the Q series driver is of the same quality as the R series one. Also the issue that speakers are only sold in pairs remains...

3125b

Major Contributor
The R2C is a coaxial 3-way, it performs well. Granted, it's a little more expensive, but it would be easy.

MCH

Major Contributor
@CrustyToad i remember directing a member in a similar situation (can't remember now if it was the r3 or the ls50 meta) to an online shop in Germany and the guy reported back that they indeed sent him 1 unit in a box cut through the middle!! :facepalm::D
I cannot find the post now but if you search around you might find it. I remember as well that the price was very good too. Good luck!

OP
C

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
It is an option, though it is larger and more expensive compared to a single R3

Also:
The R2C is a coaxial 3-way, it performs well. Granted, it's a little more expensive, but it would be easy.

OP
C

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
@CrustyToad i remember directing a member in a similar situation (can't remember now if it was the r3 or the ls50 meta) to an online shop in Germany and the guy reported back that they indeed sent him 1 unit in a box cut through the middle!! :facepalm::D
I cannot find the post now but if you search around you might find it. I remember as well that the price was very good too. Good luck!

I do remember that and I think I checked the store out. Thanks for the tip @MarcosCh!
Since then they have amended the site and only sell sets of 2.

So I am still looking for someone

Reactions: MCH
Top Bottom