• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef R3 meta?

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m was close to buying a pair of R3s and noticed that the price in the U.K. has dropped to £1500 with the S2 stands. Needless to say this is a bargain, but it made me wonder whether an R3 meta is imminent. Has anyone picked anything up on this? Obviously few free to conjecture aimlessly if you don’t have any facts to hand

OP
Phorize

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
R3 is $2200 in the US.

OP
Phorize

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I’m was close to buying a pair of R3s and noticed that the price in the U.K. has dropped to £1500 with the S2 stands. Needless to say this is a bargain, but it made me wonder whether an R3 meta is imminent. Has anyone picked anything up on this? Obviously few free to conjecture aimlessly if you don’t have any facts to hand
Is there an R3 Meta? Or are you referring to a Ref3 Meta?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hadn’t realised that. That’s quite a hike. Is that the trend for all Kef speakers?
That's been the price for a while although there was a 20% off sale some months ago.

OP
Phorize

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there an R3 Meta? Or are you referring to a Ref3 Meta?
I am speculating on whether the trend of lower prices on the r3 in the UK points towards an imminent revision of the current model, and whether that will be a meta version. The current r3 is 1299 sterling at many UK in KEF dealers. I haven't seen anything in the press or from KEF indicating this of course.

Tassin

RRP on the continent is €1800 (€1600 previously). They were temporarily sold at €1300 in December-January.

Sanjo

They are now sold for 549 each in NL.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Has anyone picked anything up on this?
- On Feb 10, 2022, I reported that Visions (Canadian dealer) has changed their website to indicated Kef Rx series as "special order items". I remember checking the website in Dec 2021, and they were regular items that can be ordered and returned. Special order items are non-returnable.
- On Feb 23, 2022, centerhifi (Canadian dealer), reported on a public forum that a new series is coming in the "summer".
- On June 9, 2022, an ASR user reported that one Kef dealer indicated new series coming in the "autumn".

- Currently, 2001audiovideo (Canadian dealer) indicates that Kef Rx series is "special order" items.
- Currently, centerhifi (Canadian dealer) indicates that Kef Rx series is on "clearance sale".
- Currently, Visions (Canadian dealer) indicates that Kef Rx series are 'special order" items.

They are now sold for 549 each in NL.
Unfortunately, it's only applicable to BENELUX. I got mine for 1380 EUR per pair (including shipping) but this price was so tempting I wanted to buy another pair for my desktop. LOL

Rufus T. Firefly

Forum Donor
R3's on sale for $1699 at Music Direct

And since everyone lives a sale I'll mention a few of the Revel speakers are on sale right now as well.

oceansize

Forum Donor
Currently available for £999 (without stands) from at least two UK retailers (Sevenoaks, Peter Tyson).

Top Bottom