• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF R3 meta Measurements

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just adding more questionable subjective YouTube’s doesn’t really help your case, does not improve respect to your input, nor does it provide repeatable facts.

It might even give the impression of trolling especially as you seem immune recognizing the help and input from posters more knowledgeable then you. Sorry to say.

Last edited:

maty

Major Contributor
The conditions are the same as the rest of the speakers in the test (and the sound is good). Despite its excellent graphics, they sound worse. As I already wrote, the definitive proof is listening to it in our room. This does not obviate my great disappointment with them.

To understand us, it sounds as if they were studio monitors, that is, not to enjoy music.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No
The conditions are the same as the rest of the speakers in the test (and the sound is good). Despite its excellent graphics, they sound worse. As I already wrote, the definitive proof is listening to it in our room. This does not obviate my great disappointment with them.

To understand us, it sounds as if they were studio monitors, that is, not to enjoy music.
Nope. Just listening is no proof. It is „only“ a reflection of your personal taste, which is fine, but therefore not applicable to anyone else and their tastes.

That’s why we ask for objective facts and figures here as these can be replicated by everyone who is willing and has the skills and equipment.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It might even give the impression of trolling especially as you seem immune recognizing the help and input from posters more knowledgeable then you. Sorry to say.
This isn't new behaviour, check the following thread for some classic maty.

Vacceo

Major Contributor

If they sound like studio monitors, it is absolutely great!

sifi36

What would you define about speakers that makes you enjoy music more than a studio monitor?

Put another way, what would a mixing engineer need to hear more of that would make music less enjoyable?

Vacceo

Major Contributor
What would you define about speakers that makes you enjoy music more than a studio monitor?

Put another way, what would a mixing engineer need to hear more of that would make music less enjoyable?
EQ exists just for that. It is always easier to adjust from a neutral starting point.

maty

Major Contributor
My modded KEF Q100: EQ+rePhase -> convolution filter to my position and room. Inclined flat response.

Attachments

• KEF-Q100-fabricka-30-40-50-zvu.png
    KEF-Q100-fabricka-30-40-50-zvu.png
    24 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Streamc

My modded KEF Q100: EQ+rePhase -> convolution filter to my position and room. Inclined flat response.

index.php

Maybe you create another thread? I really want to read about R3 Meta measurements or even subjective review (not here) but from listeners. What if I would post weather forecast here?

maty

Major Contributor
There are others who do not stop trying to discredit me. Do not you say anything to them?

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe you create another thread? I really want to read about R3 Meta measurements or even subjective review (not here) but from listeners. What if I would post weather forecast here?

yes can our moderators removing most of maty's ramblings and thier responses to this otherwise very good tread :) where we have participation of kef's designers , this tread does not need this

maty

Major Contributor
I agree. But also to remove attempts to discredit me, which is what has prompted my response.

mglobe

Forum Donor
yes can our moderators removing most of maty's ramblings and thier responses to this otherwise very good tread :) where we have participation of kef's designers , this tread does not need this
I agree. The gentleman is a distraction and adds nothing constructive or meaningful to the discussion.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
I agree. But also to remove attempts to discredit me, which is what has prompted my response.
Why are you posting any of this in an R3 Meta thread? There is a Q100 review thread you could be using. This is all completely off topic.

dogmamann

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You deviated from R3 to your modified speakers. I guess that would be more useful if it’s made as a separate thread with measurements as proof of the change. If you can provide a proof of improvements there is no reason why any would discredit you.

Alexx

Finally the dealer called me, the new R3 Metas have arrived in the shop!!!

In a few days I'm going to do the direct test bringing my R3 so I can see for myself what difference there is between the two models (I won't do anything instrumental but only by ear).

Then I will let you know my humble impressions
See you soon.

Streamc

Finally the dealer called me, the new R3 Metas have arrived in the shop!!!

In a few days I'm going to do the direct test bringing my R3 so I can see for myself what difference there is between the two models (I won't do anything instrumental but only by ear).

Then I will let you know my humble impressions
See you soon.
In this thread? I would wait.

Top Bottom