• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef R Meta Series Release

anthonymoody

My dealer in the US (very high volume KEF dealer) has received tentative pricing, in the form of a range, for the entire line. He expects exact pricing in the next week or two when they make a formal announcement, with the speakers shipping in March (in the US at least). But this is entirely legit. Not sure why anyone would doubt this. I'm getting the R6C meta to replace my R2C. Otherwise happy with the rest of my R-based set up.

Descartes

Major Contributor
Hopefully their prices are no more than 5% more than the non Meta!

lossendae

I can confirm that Kef new product range is listed to order from the distributors. No delivery date yet. The R3 at the price it is available today is a steal...
I'm getting the R6C too to happily replace a T301C.
I'm also eagerly waiting for more pictures of the available colours.

Descartes

Major Contributor
I can confirm that Kef new product range is listed to order from the distributors. No delivery date yet. The R3 at the price it is available today is a steal...
I'm getting the R6C too to happily replace a T301C.
I'm also eagerly waiting for more pictures of the available colours.
Are you a distributor?

Why is it that I can’t find an th other pictures from KEF meta at ISD 2023?

When I search for KEF in ISE 2023 it does show up anywhere!

Here is a list https://essentialinstall.com/tag/ise-2023/

Daka

My dealer in the US (very high volume KEF dealer) has received tentative pricing, in the form of a range, for the entire line. He expects exact pricing in the next week or two when they make a formal announcement, with the speakers shipping in March (in the US at least). But this is entirely legit. Not sure why anyone would doubt this. I'm getting the R6C meta to replace my R2C. Otherwise happy with the rest of my R-based set up.
There’s going to be flood of R2C on the market

lossendae

Are you a distributor?

Why is it that I can’t find an th other pictures from KEF meta at ISD 2023?

When I search for KEF in ISE 2023 it does show up anywhere!

Here is a list https://essentialinstall.com/tag/ise-2023/
I'm not a distributor nor a reseller. We have to be patient, we'll have all the desired details from Kef when the official announcement come out. I think Kef is trying to keep it low on the sharing right now,

pjn

Comparing the old reference series with the new meta reference meta -
resistance has gone from 8 ohms -> 4 ohms (metas) and crossover has changed from 350 Hz and 2.8 kHz to 450 Hz and 2.1 kHz (metas).
frequency response is the same
weight is the same
recommended distance from side walls in stereo mode has gone from ~3 m (i.e needs a big room) to >1 m (more manageable).
price increase is about 20% (list - there are some old center references going for a good discount) reference 2c list is $5000 (going for $3000), meta version is $6000
I wonder whether similar changes will be in the the new hypothetical(?) R series

Last edited:

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Me waiting for the meta to drop so i can buy last gen speakers for a lower price :cool:
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #141: Only fools pay retail.:cool:

Descartes

Major Contributor
I'm not a distributor nor a reseller. We have to be patient, we'll have all the desired details from Kef when the official announcement come out. I think Kef is trying to keep it low on the sharing right now,
Funny it sounds like April fools day in February!

if KEF supposedly had them at ISE 2023 that’s not keeping a low profile! Trade shows are usually very public and not just dealers can get in.

lossendae

Funny it sounds like April fools day in February!

if KEF supposedly had them at ISE 2023 that’s not keeping a low profile! Trade shows are usually very public and not just dealers can get in.
Your point is valid.
I guess you either have to remain legitimately suspicious or have a little faith.

jiji

you can tell him to have a look besides the db audiotechnik booth,
Booth
Hall 7 – Stand 7E150
Demo room
Hall 8 – Room E1

the last small picture in post #70 composite shows their products and you can glimpse KEF stuff just behind
ok thanks..i will try to check if possible. I guess today is the last day for ISE 2023. Don't know if i can catch him...

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hopefully their prices are no more than 5% more than the non Meta!
Wishful thinking.

The R3 sells for 499 euro. I’ve got the R5 for 799 each.

MCH

Major Contributor
ok thanks..i will try to check if possible. I guess today is the last day for ISE 2023. Don't know if i can catch him...
Have other pics surfaced yet? Day 3 and a fast google search does not show anything...

dogmamann

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The reference floorstanders are huge beasts. If you can get good sound with tiny R5s in your room then maybe you don't need big speakers.

The ref 5s would be great for somebody's third guest living room (120m2). :)
With uniq drivers, if m not wrong you can listen to them in close field too. I mean even if you sit under 1.5 meters away from them, they should sound as good as farfield. May be bass needs to be shelved down to compensate the distance. Or am I overlooking something?!

Top Bottom