• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef R Meta Series Release

Ellebob

Forum Donor
Yes unless playing very loud.

Any decent 12 gauge or larger copper stranded wire. Lower the number the bigger the wire. Not copper clad aluminum (CCA). Doesn't have to be expensive. Home Depot for local, monoprice, amazon, etc.
If you don't want to strip wire you can buy some speaker wire with banana plugs already installed and just plug into receiver and speakers. Pricier but easy.

ypaul123

elle
Yes unless playing very loud.

Any decent 12 gauge or larger copper stranded wire. Lower the number the bigger the wire. Not copper clad aluminum (CCA). Doesn't have to be expensive. Home Depot for local, monoprice, amazon, etc.
If you don't want to strip wire you can buy some speaker wire with banana plugs already installed and just plug into receiver and speakers. Pricier but easy.
Thank you.

Is -65dB considered very loud ?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Will my x4500h Denon receiver be able to handle them ?
I think so. The question is how loud. If you like to let it rip or have a very large room, you may feel it's not enough. Unlikely, but i can happen. Then you would look what needs to be done. If you are like me, loud music, yes, but in a middle sized living room, then it will certainly be fine.

what speaker cable would you recommend that will make the R3 Meta's shine ? (within reasonable budget) ?
Unlike others, i don't see a problem with CCA (copper coated aluminium strands) vs OFC (copper strands) cables. CCA is cheaper, but it has higher resistance and can't be bent as often. None of which matters at home, i believe. Most people arguing against CCA seem to never have used it. Just use 4mm² or 12 gauge and it should be good enough.

Far more important i think: buy a nice cable sleeve to make sure everything looks neat. They prevent vaccum robots from eating the speaker cables too.
I have fixed mine with cable ties to the cable ends, where the banana plugs are mounted, and it looks really good.
71Q-IJBMipL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

For banana plugs i bought the ones that can be locked:
PXL_20230719_102646094.jpg

These are supposedly Rhodium plated, but i have doubts about it. Regardless, they are made well and don't cost much, i think my first 8 where 30€ and my second 8 38€.

16, so can have two speaker cables to the amp, because i do a lot of this. You can see one of the cable sleeves if you look closely.
PXL_20230801_105831729.jpg

Last edited:

exm

Hi guys,
I'm about to purchase the R3 Meta speakers, and I've got jut two simple questions -

Will my x4500h Denon receiver be able to handle them ?

what speaker cable would you recommend that will make the R3 Meta's shine ? (within reasonable budget) ?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Yes, the Denon is fine.

I recommend Canare 4s11 cables, especially those at bluejeanscables with welded locking connectors. You can get a fantastic cable for not a lot of money.

Top Bottom