• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LSX II

Dreamslayer

I was planning on using a minidsp flex digital as input to Kef LSX plus two subs.

However I just realised subs don't often come with digital input so not sure how to make this work.

The lsx does have a 3.5mm aux input, would an RCA to aux adapter work here?

It would mean an extra ADC conversion but that probably won't make any difference.

Any suggestions on this?
The LSX all have bass management built in. What are you trying to accomplish?

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Blender

Apparently the LT version uses a USB C cable to connect the secondary speaker to the primary one and this connection also carries power.
Looks like a much better deal than the normal LSX
I wonder how well this works. LSX has a 70w + a 30w = 100w per speaker. Is that USB-C cable really going to carry 100w from one to the other?

Blender

I wonder how well this works. LSX has a 70w + a 30w = 100w per speaker. Is that USB-C cable really going to carry 100w from one to the other?
“The supplied USB-C interspeaker cable is proprietary and designed to meet the safety and performance standards of LSX II LT. It cannot be used for device charging or data transmission. Using other cables except the supplied interspeaker cable or the C-Link interspeaker cable for the interspeaker connection is not recommended.”

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That green one would look so good if only it had a grille.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Lack of grill is a problem, I agree... I considered them for a simple system but the kids would go crazy pressing that awesome tangerine waveguide tweeter...

juliangst

100W should be easy for USB-C. The next gen USB-C will even be capable of 240W of power delivery.

I also highly doubt that those drivers combined will handle anything near 100W before distortion heavily kicks in.
The LS50 Meta which Erin recently tested had 3%-10% distortion at the maximum voltage that he tested which was 11.27V (equivalent to 31.75W with a 4 ohm load).

withoutsuit

Apparently the LT version uses a USB C cable to connect the secondary speaker to the primary one and this connection also carries power.
Looks like a much better deal than the normal LSX
There is no analog in (aux), which may be a problem for someone.

juliangst

I might actually consider getting these LSX II LT.

I don't need high SPL at my 1-2m listening distance and the KEF app would allow to set a high pass filter which I currently can't do with my LS50 (non meta) and integrated amp setup.

Is this a good idea or am I missing something?

bkdc

Forum Donor
Wish KEF would make a passive version. Consumer grade Active speakers break and passive speakers last decades except for blown drivers. If someone wants wireless a Sonos amp, Bluesound, WiiM amp or equivalent is just fine and far more flexible and probably more reliable

equinox

I went through two pairs of KEF LSXII and one PSB Alpha iQ and all the speakers had an audible hiss in near-field listening (still audible two meters away).
I love the connectivity of the KEF, PSB lacked the USB-C in but overall, that's exactly what i want in terms of connectivity.

In 2024 it seems really not that easy to get decent active speakers. I wanted to avoid using an amp and some desktop sized passive speakers.

Peerke007

Today arrived a pair of green LSX II at my home. Connecting and setup was easy. Firmware update took a little while (15-20 minutes or so).

They work great with the Kube 10b I already had. Almost tempted to go fully ASR and get rid of my little tube amp, almost ;). It is really a good combination. The wife even likes these little green ones better than the Italian design black veneres. Job well done KEF.

They will be used for desktop speakers soon, but first some more music :D.

Top Bottom