• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LSX II in my kitchen

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi all just wanted to share my new kitchen setup.

Which is KEF LSX II and a ( shock and horror :eek: ) REL Tzero mkIII ( chosen on physical dimension and price )

The KEF are much better than my placement of them as this is in our kitchen and some consensus must be reached about placement.
In position you see them in the picture , moving them forward rigth to edge of our counter makes imaging much better , moving to the back is not good at all is the compromise :) the inbuilt eq makes it possible to adjust the tonality to my liking and thier very good acoustics combined makes it very suitable for what I do in the kitchen , of axis listening never in the sweet spot .
But playing around with them suggest that bying the “stick” stand from KEF and a free placement should also yield precise imaging.

The product is very well balanced it basically has everything a good hifi should have , but a bit physicaly limited in scale and dynamics.
I think this is the most effective way to get hifi at this price level :) very nifty design juggling the 1000’s of compromises inherent in speaker design and at arrive at this . If you change anything something else would be crappier and the totality would suffer imho.

And ofcourse this is my first modern speaker everything else I have is 15 years older.
And I wanted to experience KEF coax drivers and trying them from the low end tells a lot , I like them .

7DA1CBE5-292F-4AE6-A553-C10D53B6D5DF.jpeg
A07CD289-944E-4184-810F-E7DA0ED0B5ED.jpeg
CD239B5B-E53D-4F1D-9592-A872563727A7.jpeg

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They are super little speakers, we have a pair in the kitchen too, and my wife has a pair in her office, makes the morning news almost bearable.
Keith

OP
M

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The app was not as horrible as some have said , the only quirk I saw was that if you connect the speaker to speaker cable before setup the app won’t find the speakers :)
If you choose the dark theme that app is quite easy to use , no problems.

Sub integration was surprisingly easy ?

Some disadvantages I can see ( to have some criticism ).

Kef active speakers are depending on IOS or Android for thier setup , no OSD or WEB UI or other means like a setup program via usb cable or network ? I think they should have that and they probably have such aviable for the developers, but not slick enough for public sale .

The letters on the remote could be much more distinct and visible .

No possibility for fixed IP address.

vazakh

The app was not as horrible as some have said , the only quirk I saw was that if you connect the speaker to speaker cable before setup the app won’t find the speakers :)
If you choose the dark theme that app is quite easy to use , no problems.

Sub integration was surprisingly easy ?

Some disadvantages I can see ( to have some criticism ).

Kef active speakers are depending on IOS or Android for thier setup , no OSD or WEB UI or other means like a setup program via usb cable or network ? I think they should have that and they probably have such aviable for the developers, but not slick enough for public sale .

The letters on the remote could be much more distinct and visible .

No possibility for fixed IP address.
Is it not possible to set a fixed IP address for KEF on the router?

Chester

What are these like without a sub? I’m not expecting thundering bass but are they reasonable or totally anaemic?

I have a similar kitchen dilemma, just been built, 8m x 6m so these are probably too small for that room. I was thinking the LS60 but with 60-70% glass and a large island, I fear they would be totally wasted in this room.

I’m using a pair of Sonos Play 1’s on stands at the moment to test things out. They don’t sound terrible I have to say, but they struggle to keep the room filled on some tracks.

Top Bottom