• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Note to kef , please make these with non detachable power cables so that cable nonsense can’t be a factor .
It detracts from the stunning feat of engineering these fine products are.
Right after they eliminate the bi-wire terminals on their passive speakers. :rolleyes:

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Right after they eliminate the bi-wire terminals on their passive speakers. :rolleyes:
You got it , this irritates me to no end :oops: many respectable loudspeaker builders still have those due to marketing demands even if they clearly know better, does not hurt the expensive models , but in budget speakers the cost could get better xover or drivers ?

Tangband

Major Contributor
Hmm … those cables for thousands of dollars for passive speakers … no wonder the hifiindustry dont want active loudspeaker - less cables to sell with 90 % profit.

SDC

Measurement with M30, ucx, turntable was made and posted in DCInside.

2.5ms window so low resolution measurement but enough for 10kHz validation IMO.

Good news is with auxiliary input you get full signal over 20kHz.

Hope you guys interested all find the post using google as link to DCI is not allowed.

Zvu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What do you mean by "link to DCi is not allowed"?

I cant find it. Post the link please.

raest

You got it , this irritates me to no end :oops: many respectable loudspeaker builders still have those due to marketing demands even if they clearly know better, does not hurt the expensive models , but in budget speakers the cost could get better xover or drivers ?
oh man... even a supposed science-based Audioholics touts biwiring as something of relevance and use to the point they pointed out the lack of biwiring posts as a negative on a review they did not that long ago about higher end Focals (can't remember if Kantas or Sopras)

that's why i have great respect for Focal and Dynaudio, for example, who tell their customers wanting biwiring to go and... you know :)

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
oh man... even a supposed science-based Audioholics touts biwiring as something of relevance and use to the point they pointed out the lack of biwiring posts as a negative on a review they did not that long ago about higher end Focals (can't remember if Kantas or Sopras)
I pointed out the same in reviews of a Dynaudio Confidence 30 and a Focal Sopra no.3 but not as a negative, merely as observations.

SDC

What do you mean by "link to DCi is not allowed"?

I cant find it. Post the link please.

The site is full of ads and owner of the site makes profit through it. It is not allowed to directly link the post sorry.

you have to search 'dcinside Ls60' and find it...

Last edited:

Zvu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The site is full of ads and owner of the site makes profit through it. It is not allowed to directly link the post sorry....

I've found nothing of that sort in terms and rules.

Jason K

1. Salon 2 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/152CnTleHMB4OOQYqVrDkAsUGR11CIb7m/view?usp=sharing

2. LS60 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tldt8bdMdHkfS9kAHrM0aY6kqj8j07fM/view?usp=sharing

Only DI and directivity is worth noting.

Salon 2 Horizontal Only 3.3ms windowed

BFB7B149-46C3-4E50-862F-52C512EC33AD.png

823261C0-3EAE-4620-A5B8-1F8CB0F0BBAE.png

8631CD70-343F-406D-AEF0-8CF3324905B5.png

LS60 Horizontal Only 2.5ms windowed

D4EFDB0D-A043-49BA-8422-EDB5F5FE929D.png

356FA310-F5F1-4EF2-BC0F-02F83A25E1C5.png

7ED481BA-CAF7-4527-9DDE-EDF9EBCA5EA3.png

SDC

Thank you for sharing with ASR too!

About Salon 2 it is L of the pair I own.

Did not know it had problem till this measurement and did not have time for replacing it with R which is working fine.

below is L and R FR comparision made by me using ecm8000.

C55FB301-DEDF-495B-836D-0E6E6ECF4809.jpeg

But it doesn't matter, this isn't salon2 thread is it?

LS60 is R(primary) of the pair with only right aux input connected.

All the data is in the mdat file so nothing to say about that one.

Tangband

Major Contributor
Question :

It looks that the ls60 drops of slightly below 800 Hz , is it the measurements with 2.5 ms gating that gives this result, or is it a certain lack of baffle step compensation below 800 Hz, or is it just the sidemounted bass drivers that makes the inroom response look better than the reference angle?

Doing the Troelsgraveson math , If the baffle is 14 cm wide, ( 11600/14 ) the dropoff from the baffle will be somewhere between 800-850 Hz Hz.
D98951D5-B4FF-43DB-B646-9EBA611925D7.png

Last edited:
went to listen to them at the showroom in hk and placed an order through a dealer. Fwiw in asia these things can be had for <6k. KEF isn’t shy abt letting partners give incentive discounts.

Danaxus

went to listen to them at the showroom in hk and placed an order through a dealer. Fwiw in asia these things can be had for <6k. KEF isn’t shy abt letting partners give incentive discounts.
You guys don't have VAT over there, right? Without VAT they're <€5.5k in Europe.

You guys don't have VAT over there, right? Without VAT they're <€5.5k in Europe.
That’s a good point. No tax. Just so used to electronics having their native markup here that usually surpasses US/eu taxes. LG OLED TVs for example cost double that in the US, just because they can. But that doesn’t exist for KEF which is a relief and why it was easy for me to pull the trigger. Delivers Saturday.

sifi36

I got offered 15% off and I didn’t even really say I was ready to make a purchase. Didn’t go for it as I’m considering the Genelec 8351b and haven’t had the opportunity to hear them yet.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Question :

It looks that the ls60 drops of slightly below 800 Hz , is it the measurements with 2.5 ms gating that gives this result, or is it a certain lack of baffle step compensation below 800 Hz, or is it just the sidemounted bass drivers that makes the inroom response look better than the reference angle?

Doing the Troelsgraveson math , If the baffle is 14 cm wide, ( 11600/14 ) the dropoff from the baffle will be somewhere between 800-850 Hz Hz.
View attachment 231132
i only see a bad quality measure

I got offered 15% off and I didn’t even really say I was ready to make a purchase. Didn’t go for it as I’m considering the Genelec 8351b and haven’t had the opportunity to hear them yet.
Those are like.. completely different value proposition though. Just in terms of aesthetics alone and what kind of room they would look appropriate in. I think the typical buyer of the ls60 would be someone who’s had some experience with the ls50/lsx that wants to step up into floorstanders but don’t want to pay for the blades. Also u gotta be someone who appreciates the form factor I.e slim with mono uniq.
I used to own Adam studio monitors myself and while I enjoyed my experience, as I got older they just don’t fit into my home ambience anymore. Fwiw I’m buying these to use as computer speakers. Got 2 49” monitors that would get flanked by these. I tested nearfield and I think they would be fine (I sit slight over 1m from my monitors anyway.

Top Bottom