• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

muad

Hmm... So the animosity is just opposion to non-measurent based reviews or are you saying he's dishonest? That's a very bold.

[Comment Removed]
I find about ~1/5 reviewers annoying but I wouldn't insult their work. Honestly, I get a bit wary when a community shows disproportionate negative response to anyone...

Is it that he's shady, and professionally problematic, or simply people taking issue with someone's success whist having a personality not aligning with their own?

This is why.... And the videos comments are locked. Keeping comments closed while making wild claims is not the voice of someone open to challenge or discussion.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I trust Amir and his findings about cables. Not because it is Amir testing, but because if those tests were repeated, the results would be coincident with Amir's findings. Coincidentally, they show the same pattern as Gene's discoveries in Audioholics.

Not only Darko fails at rethoric, but at logic too.

Reed

34578750-2AEE-4A07-A1EE-0B7C04942CFA.jpeg

It’s all in the data folks. It starts with the total watts. Then subtract the volume setting necessary for HT bypass. Add the total diameter of all drivers and the generation of Uni-Q being used. A. 700 B. 71 C. Four 5.25” woofers and one 4” midwoof/tweeter. D. 12th generation. Or =700-71+((4*5.25)+4+12). That science gets you to 666 folks which is subjectivity very bad. I heard from a guy who lives 7km from Jack Oclee-Brown’s nanny’s granddaughter that KEF won’t release these in red since they are more likely to burst into flames if they overhear you say the word warranty. That KEF logo conceals a microphone that was developed by Bill Gates you know. So go ahead and stream your music over a multitude of services. Just remember that the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing your wife she doesn't notice your new speakers.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s all in the data folks. It starts with the total watts. Then subtract the volume setting necessary for HT bypass. Add the total diameter of all drivers and the generation of Uni-Q being used. A. 700 B. 71 C. Four 5.25” woofers and one 4” midwoof/tweeter. D. 12th generation. Or =700-71+((4*5.25)+4+12). That science gets you to 666 folks which is subjectivity very bad. I heard from a guy who lives 7km from Jack Oclee-Brown’s nanny’s granddaughter that KEF won’t release these in red since they are more likely to burst into flames if they overhear you say the word warranty. That KEF logo conceals a microphone that was developed by Bill Gates you know. So go ahead and stream your music over a multitude of services. Just remember that the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing your wife she doesn't notice your new speakers.
Thank you, now I finally understood why they implemented just Bluetooth 4.2 instead of 5, it is so obvious now 4+2=6, also the Bluetooth symbol is just a decomposed Pentagram, the symbol of evil:

Bluetooth
Jnmasek, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Hugieia-pentagram
Machine Elf 1735, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Thank you, now I finally understood why they implemented just Bluetooth 4.2 instead of 5, it is so obvious now 4+2=6, also the Bluetooth symbol is just a decomposed Pentagram, the symbol of evil:

Bluetooth

Hugieia-pentagram
… and now add 6 to (LS) 60 voila 66. Oh boy, we are on to something… scary.

sweetmusic

This is why.... And the videos comments are locked. Keeping comments closed while making wild claims is not the voice of someone open to challenge or discussion.
He's sincere. He's good at explaining features and summarizing the marketing literature. It's obvious to most people here that he's wrong about many things, but he's not a bad person.

In one video, he mentioned that he was fine with 384 kb compressed audio and didn't particularly notice the loss, and felt other conveniences mattered more. (I think it was gapless playback.) That suggested to me that he does not have golden ears. He's a regular music lover that wants great gear. Good for him!

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
He's sincere. He's good at explaining features and summarizing the marketing literature. It's obvious to most people here that he's wrong about many things, but he's not a bad person.

In one video, he mentioned that he was fine with 384 kb compressed audio and didn't particularly notice the loss, and felt other conveniences mattered more. (I think it was gapless playback.) That suggested to me that he does not have golden ears. He's a regular music lover that wants great gear. Good for him!
Sure, but he also puts doorstops on DACs, so…

samysound

I was just getting ready to put in an order for a pair of March Sointuva with purifi amp and now I am contemplating the LS60 instead. I would probably add a sub either way and already have a miniDSP SHD.

I like the form factor of the ls60 but am weary of the built in electronics/warranty and would need to use a miniDSP anyway to integrate subs and room correction.

Any thoughts on the choice?

Axo1989

Major Contributor
View attachment 207756
I very much want to 'like' this post, but I'm worried what evil might unfold if I do. I'm just going to maintain a neutral expression and scroll slowly onward.

Vacceo

Major Contributor

Bluetooth

Hugieia-pentagram
The DAC on my AVR experiences that everyday. But we'll, more than 3000 CD's of Black Metal over decades...

raest

anyone who consciously and wilfully calls himself a reviewer while in truth being nothing more than a marketing plant and in doing so deliberately misinforms the public he's pretending to inform is, in my book at least, "a bad person".

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
… and now add 6 to (LS) 60 voila 66. Oh boy, we are on to something… scary.
Even worse, the max SPL in the data sheet is 111 dB, do I need to say more?

Zvu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I very much want to 'like' this post, but I'm worried what evil might unfold if I do. I'm just going to maintain a neutral expression and scroll slowly onward.

Neutrality is always expensive. Especially these days. Beware.

Last edited:

Vacceo

Major Contributor

A sincere person does not fool potential buyers about usb cables.

I'd never recommend you yo try your sparkling new speakers blasting some Revenge because the most probable chance is that you think you bought something not working.

lossendae

A sincere person does not fool potential buyers about usb cables.

I'd never recommend you yo try your sparkling new speakers blasting some Revenge because the most probable chance is that you think you bought something not working.

He can sincerely believe that golden USB cable are better. I've yet to meet anyone without flaws in their expert/professional specialties.

You can also like someone approach and discourse, even commercial, without buying evrything he likes. I kinda like Andrew Robinson's reviews too, but I can't take him seriously when he talk about how soundbars are great.

I've seen complaints about the dramatic video title above. Those people are youtubers, if they want to be referenced correctly they must use what youtube algorithm pushes up in the recommendation: clickbait titles and cringy thumbnails.

Are they glorified commercials ? Yes, most definitely. They will always try to not antagonize any brand otherwise they would not be able to do their jobs. Not as successfully as they do it now.
I see them as (most often) better spokeperson of the brands who tends to put out bad video, be it on internet or on TV.

Sure, having real numbers and folks on asr bringing insightful research is really nice. But I can't see in what world having those numbers would be feasible in a video format. You guys always goes back and forth, putting addendum and contexts, etc... And some people still call bullshit on you.
That may be possible in a live format, but I don't believe that being overly technical would interest enough people to have it be its main income like those guys do. That's context too.

harkpabst

You are absolutely right, @lossendae.

I have no problem with that. I can even control and live with my envy on how some can make a living from superficial talk. But it's fair game pointing out from time to time that bullshit it is, not facts.

BTW: At least Darko got the plain facts mostly right in part 1 of his ... review.

JulianFP

You are absolutely right, @lossendae.

I have no problem with that. I can even control and live with my envy on how some can make a living from superficial talk. But it's fair game pointing out from time to time that bullshit it is, not facts.

BTW: At least Darko got the plain facts mostly right in part 1 of his ... review.
I noticed that Darko was very careful to emphasise that "Roon Ready" was coming but is not here at the moment. When he did a video on the LS50W version 2 shortly after launch he showed Roon playing to them even though the LS50W-v2 wasn't officially certified as "Roon Ready" until quite a few months after launch. Presumably an uncertified version of the Roon endpoint software was included in the LS50Wv2 release software which is how he could show it in his video. I wonder if the same is true for the LS60, i.e. code to support Roon is in the launch firmware but it doesn't yet have the official Roon blessing, or if there will be no Roon support until the official "Roon Ready" certification is granted.

Perhaps Darko was just being very cautious that he doesn't give the wrong impression re Roon Certification for the LS60s because there was a bit of a backlash in a few places when the LS50W-v2 seemed to be supporting Roon at launch but then in the fine print it turned out it wasn't the final implementation yet.

Top Bottom