• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

Omar Cumming

The connecting cable is optional. Limited to 192kHz without it.
Both speakers require power cords. so either 2 or 3 cables needed for these wireless speakers

Cheers

LightninBoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
according to their website: LS60 Wireless offers you the choice of wireless interspeaker connectivity or wired connection to maximise performance. You can use the low-latency intelligent wireless interspeaker connection for exceptionally reliable cable-free listening up to 24bit/96kHz or the wired connection with resolution up to 24bit/192kHz.
That addresses my question. Thank you!

Jukebox

Over 500 responses but has anyone participating in this discussion heard these yet?
I have, side by side with Blade 2 Meta and Ref1 Meta last month.
Unfamiliar room unfortunately, but well acoustically treated; pretty big room 40-50sqm I would say.
Offcourse my findings may differ from others

Being their big reveal and first audition maybe I was biased but my sighted preference score would be Blade > LS60 > Ref1.

For sure LS60 where most impressive with dynamic music considering their size! They present a big Blade like soundstage with very good bass reproduction (the Volume was pretty high also). In comparison Blade had a bit to much bass for my tastes but offcourse was the overall winners hats down...with the help of some very expensive Solution electronics.
But for the price difference LS60 came very close in presentation without a doubt....so close that I am actually considering them for my system.

sifi36

Unfamiliar room unfortunately, but well acoustically treated; pretty big room 40-50sqm I would say.

Being their big reveal and first audition maybe I was biased but my sighted preference score would be Blade > LS60 > Ref1.

For sure LS60 where most impressive with dynamic music considering their size! They present a big Blade like soundstage with very good bass reproduction (the Volume was pretty high also). In comparison Blade had a bit to much bass for my tastes but offcourse was the overall winners hats down...with the help of some very expensive Solution electronics.
But for the price difference LS60 came very close in presentation without a doubt....so close that I am actually considering them for my system.
Im not surprised to hear that, the extra bass and smoother directivity over the Reference 1 count for a lot.

What’s your current system look like. Would be good to get a frame of reference.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
A8E10D3C-75EC-4739-BD72-5E8C7B26E067.jpeg

Damn, they would look nice in my room though :facepalm:

Marc v E

Major Contributor
The specs look pretty impressive.
Great to see they added hdmi too.

I don't like the way they look though.(I think it's the contrasting driver colour, the logo sticking out on top and the rather in your face colours.) Maybe they are better in real life.

Last edited:

Jukebox

Im not surprised to hear that, the extra bass and smoother directivity over the Reference 1 count for a lot.

What’s your current system look like. Would be good to get a frame of reference.
Most likely bass+directivity+wider dispersion are the biggest plusses over the Ref1

Had quite a lot of speakers in my system in the last 6 years: JBL Studio 530, Kef R500, B&W 705 S2, Audio Physics Tempo 35, Kef R3, Genelec G Four, MBL 126 and right now I have the Q Acoustic Concept 300 + 2x SVS Sb3000

Jukebox

Yeah, OT, but hey, MBL's! Always curious about them. I'm a sucker for biig soundstage and depth..:p
But you weren't happy with them, or..?
They are superb speakers but they need some work/room placement to work their magic. I went from a dedicated stereo room and a living/home cinema room to only one room and was difficult to fit them all.

Attachments

• IMG_20210923_220143.jpg
    IMG_20210923_220143.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 149

sifi36

Most likely bass+directivity+wider dispersion are the biggest plusses over the Ref1

Had quite a lot of speakers in my system in the last 6 years: JBL Studio 530, Kef R500, B&W 705 S2, Audio Physics Tempo 35, Kef R3, Genelec G Four, MBL 126 and right now I have the Q Acoustic Concept 300 + 2x SVS Sb3000
Thank you for your impressions!

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Hey, a fellow speaker-whore! Glad to meet you! :)

I've had various Audio Physic speakers in my room, in the past - Virgo, Libra, Scorpio. I think the Audio Physic speakers, starting with the Virgo in the late 90's, left a lasting impression on me. The combination of the super svelte design with (typically) a wide-spaced "nearer field" listening set up left such an impression of "speakers disappearing in to a vast soundscape." That's something audio physic really nailed. It's also why
these new Kef LS60s look really intriguing to me.

(Even though narrow profile speakers that "disappear" and cast huge soundstages still hold a lot of appeal for me - I LOVE my Joseph Audio Perspective speakers! - I've also come around to liking some wider baffle/bigger woofer designs too).

As for MBL I owned the earlier 121s, a slightly bigger version (slightly lower frequency range too) of the 126s. I've been very intrigued by the MBL 120s, which are a slightly bigger version of the 121 and likely would do the MBL magic while going satisfyingly (for me) deep in the bass.
But that's just dreaming, they are out of my price range these days.

Yeah, OT, but hey, MBL's! Always curious about them. I'm a sucker for biig soundstage and depth..:p
But you weren't happy with them, or..?

Nothing imaged/soundstaged like the MBLs I had in my room. Absolutely spooky 3 dimensionality - like beaming down performers in to the room around the speakers. Incredible natural sounding levels of detail, and very realistic tonality for many instruments. (I've mentioned before that I managed to fool some people that a real sax was playing in our house, via the MBLs).

Anyway, back to the Kef LS60, I hope to hear these this summer at a local dealer. Then I'll have an even better perspective on the gazillion audiophile threads likely to flourish about these speakers for quite a while :)

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like them because they have clearly been designed to be room friendly - both visually and based on the fact they were clearly defined with adaptability in mind (DSP, no porting, integrated sub). I have commented repeatedly that to me that is basically the audio end game.

To me the notion that the audio nirvana consists of huge full-range speakers, >300W amps, etc... it has been obsolete for a while. A setup with bookshelf speakers that are capably integrated with a sub and room correction - it's simply easier to set up optimally. I'd even argue that in many cases large speakers are downright impossible to set up correctly in many real-world rooms. I think we deal with an audio culture that loves to constantly wrestle with flawed complexity to this day.

Stuff like the LS60 undoubtedly shows the way forward.

diablo

Forum Donor
according to their website: LS60 Wireless offers you the choice of wireless interspeaker connectivity or wired connection to maximise performance. You can use the low-latency intelligent wireless interspeaker connection for exceptionally reliable cable-free listening up to 24bit/96kHz or the wired connection with resolution up to 24bit/192kHz.
I wonder if their wireless connection for the LS60s works in a similar way to their subwoofer connection kit?
I tried connection my KC62 with it. It says it works on both standard wifi frequencies. It didn't work at all with 2.4GHz. I then tried 5GHz and it worked fine - apart from totally disabling the mesh wifi for the rest of the house.

The KC62 has a terrible hum if using LFE connection. It has a six way selector to adjust the sound for various room positions - but after having run frequency sweeps through it I found that only the 'apartment' mode made any difference. So I don't trust Kef electronics.

The LS60s may be fine and have no problems, but no way I'd buy them before reading buyers' real life experiences.

Jukebox

Hey, a fellow speaker-whore! Glad to meet you! :)about thes
Haha...guilty as charged! :)
Well, there are to many good speakers not to change them as often as you have the opportunity :)

But after having so many speakers I always want to return to a good coaxial design, that's why on my short list are the Ref1, LS60 and Cabasse Murano

Vacceo

Major Contributor

If the LS60 offers 70% of what a Blade Meta does, I´d vouch for them with blind eyes. Very few speakers are as good as the Blade.

I never thought I´d listen to Carcass´ Heartwork with such a clean sound.

Now, there´s only hope that KEF will implement the UniCore and SAS on the R series somehow...

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Haha...guilty as charged! :)
Well, there are to many good speakers not to change them as often as you have the opportunity :)
Yeah, that's why I keep more than one pair of speakers in my stable.

But after having so many speakers I always want to return to a good coaxial design, that's why on my short list are the Ref1, LS60 and Cabasse Murano

I get the appeal of a coaxial design. I still have my Thiel 2.7s (which I bought to replace my larger Thiel 3.7s) which are a coax design mid/tweeter. Of course it all depends on implementation, but in the Thiel coax implementation it's just astonishingly coherent to my ears.
I simply can not "hear out" individual drivers, it sounds tonally seamless in that respect. (And also sounds tonally even across a wide listening position).

I've only heard the Kef coax design in the original LS50 (at stores, and my friend owns them). Admittedly they didn't strike me as quite as seamless sounding, but that's just my subjective impression. I like Kef's attempt to do a "single apparent source" radiation in the Blades and the LS60. That's neato stuff. (Oh, just remembered, I actually did hear the Blades at a show. I didn't have much time to suss them out but I heard among the most realistic reproductions of piano than I've heard through any other speaker).

Ron Texas

Master Contributor

Easily the most informative post out of 500+. I was hoping to smoke someone out and somehow managed. What impresses me is they made a good showing in a big room. I'd love to see a shootout with the R3 or R7 in a medium sized room

Top Bottom