• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
62B69893-85CE-4DD7-B907-EC9B81E15753.jpeg
Some days it’s like this….

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You get a lot of free publicity, and you can get people's price expectations by leaking the information. It isn't a bad strategy.

But these speakers were known to exist since early April.

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I don't know..something about the shape doesn't seem right. The speakers seems too narrow and tall for the single driver in front.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
To me they bring all the benefits of single apparent source point of the Blade without the, well, blade looking curves. Call it a compromise between function and customers' taste. Clever.

I just wonder why they did not go with Reference level drivers in them, instead LS50 level... Or did they? Let's find out next week. :)

raest

I just wonder why they did not go with Reference level drivers in them, instead LS50 level... Or did they? Let's find out next week. :)

so as to not cannibalize Ref sales :) who would buy a Ref3 (or even 1) when the LS60 is half the price or less (yeah yeah, active vs passive etc :) )

that's also why i'm willing to bet we won't be seeing a passive version (it would eat up R11 sales)

killdozzer

Major Contributor
I guess they just want to proceed with a successful story of a bottom line flagship. You've probably noticed that under flagship you have ls50, blade and muon. I think this might help keep some of the lines of speakers separated and not take away from one another.

What I'm hoping this would be is "to KEF towers what LS50 was to KEF bookshelfs". Affordable high performing tower. If they overdo it with the price, I think sales might suffer. A rather huge part of the LS50s appeal was that many users and reviewers and professionals got the impression that they play "better than what price might suggest" so to speak.

If they keep celebrating their anniversaries this way, sky's the limit.

Castiel83

The LS60 will indeed be an active system, like the LS50. Do you think that you don't need a subwoofer because the LS 60 has two built in? Or will it be passive woofers? Because then I can also buy the LS50 with a subwoofer. Is cheaper.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The LS60 will indeed be an active system, like the LS50. Do you think that you don't need a subwoofer because the LS 60 has two built in? Or will it be passive woofers? Because then I can also buy the LS50 with a subwoofer. Is cheaper.
The very fact it's not called the LS60 Wireless indicates it's going to be a passive system--at least in this initial offering.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
The very fact it's not called the LS60 Wireless indicates it's going to be a passive system--at least in this initial offering.
Not necessarily. :rolleyes: There are active speakers that are not wireless.

F1308

Major Contributor
Very much interested...
Hope it reaches 14 Hz...
Allowing near field use, great !!!!

:):):):)

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
I'm guessing $8,000 this morning based on an R11 plus electronics. That may turn out to be optimistic.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
IMO the colorful LS50 and LSX models work ok because they are small and more "lifestyle" products. But the strong colors for a large speaker dominating a room, I am not so sure these would work... I would bet more on Reference line colors, refined and discreet, maybe with a colorful Uni-Q to stand out. But the entire tower in blue or red? No way.
Again, IMO.

Last edited:

F1308

Major Contributor
Some say Kef has been teasing the world for a long time with images of cryptic pillars in the desert. Some say Kef are on another level trying to dominate the Hi-fi market. Some say this is untrue. Who knows... ;)

monolith.0.jpg
A vibrating solid column made of bright graphene must be the ultimate Kef.

:):):):)

Top Bottom