• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

ThELiZ

I just had an email that KEF will be unveiling their 60th anniversary product… The LS60 Wireless… Looks like it’ll be a floorstanding LS50 Wireless.

Great news!
A65219ED-70A0-4D2C-96DD-C18D85BCFB4C.jpeg

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, a picture was shown here but removed shorty removed after, its a thin floorstander with a Uni-Q and 2x2 woofers at the sides like a Blade, but not rounded. If you do an image search in google for it you will find the photo cached. ;)

raest

hopefully a cheaper passive version will follow soon.. :) and i wonder how would that compare to the R11... so maybe the passive version won't be coming out after all, so it doesn't cannibalize R11 sales? hmm...

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If the picture is true...
Each has 2 sets of dual opposed woofers? Those should slam in room!
Any guess on MSRP. My heart hopes $5k, but my brain is guessing $8k? LS50W2 and 4 of the KC62 would be nearly $9k right?

I guess it won't be long until we find out, but fun to speculate in the meantime!

NeoZs99

I think the LS50 is quite a good looking speaker on it’s own, given the choice I would opt on integrating the sub vs getting the new LS60.
If it naturally has better bass extension than the ls50, why would you choose the hassle of integrating a sub?

aarons915

Forum Donor
If it naturally has better bass extension than the ls50, why would you choose the hassle of integrating a sub?

Because if it's like the Blade it will be crossed over around 400-500Hz and won't be a complete point-source would be my main reason. I also much prefer the looks of an LS50 on stands compared to this LS60 if the pic ends up being real. They look like the Q series equivalent of the Blades, I personally don't see them being nearly the hit as the LS50 but maybe others will want them.

Trouble Maker

I've got the OG LS50W, which I really like the looks of. I don't dig these so much. Additionally deeper speakers wouldn't work as well in our living room. But I won't be able to afford these anyway so maybe it's a moot point. So between size and price I'm not the target market anyway.

NeoZs99

Because if it's like the Blade it will be crossed over around 400-500Hz and won't be a complete point-source would be my main reason. I also much prefer the looks of an LS50 on stands compared to this LS60 if the pic ends up being real. They look like the Q series equivalent of the Blades, I personally don't see them being nearly the hit as the LS50 but maybe others will want them.
I see your point.. I don't think it'll be such a hit because it'll be much more expensive, though I expect it to sound better

Midwest Blade

It’s just a subjective opinion based on the looks alone. I have always liked the case work and look of the 50. The 60 may be a good performer, just not in my taste.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Square active Blade, yay.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
I love the design. I'm interested in the price. KEF will make it hard for us to choose. I was thinking, once, I'll buy a Reference 1, wait, no, I'll buy Reference 3, now it's wait, wait, maybe LS60?

It'll probably feature META, and it will get the twin LF drivers like the blade...

I really like it.

I will admit, however, I was having my fingers crossed for a larger volume LS bookshelf. But...

I know!! I'll cut this in half and make a KEF version of Kii3 but better.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I love the design. I'm interested in the price. KEF will make it hard for us to choose. I was thinking, once, I'll buy a Reference 1, wait, no, I'll buy Reference 3, now it's wait, wait, maybe LS60?

It'll probably feature META, and it will get the twin LF drivers like the blade...

I really like it.

I will admit, however, I was having my fingers crossed for a larger volume LS bookshelf. But...

I know!! I'll cut this in half and make a KEF version of Kii3 but better.
I'd love to see a redesigned R8a, with better extension and SPL. That aside, a KC92 on 1300 w and 10 inch woofers.

BDE

If the picture is true...
Each has 2 sets of dual opposed woofers? Those should slam in room!
[...]

KEF often use passive radiator so it could be 4 woofers or maybe 2 plus 2 passive radiators. ;)
EDIT: we only have one pic so its also possible to have the only on one side (2 woofer or 1 woofer plus 1 passive radiator)

Top Bottom