• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Do any of you know how to take measurements without an analogue input?

I'm a bit confused as I can't see how to recover an analogue microphone signal and output it as a Digital Out.
Can you handle a microphone with USB output? See UMIK-1.

TouchMyWoofer

I am considering buying the ls60 but due to toddlers I am skeptical regarding the missing grille. Can you tell me how delicate the tweeters and woofers are?

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
I am considering buying the ls60 but due to toddlers I am skeptical regarding the missing grille. Can you tell me how delicate the tweeters and woofers are?
When my children were toddlers they were fascinated with pushing in on the drivers in my speakers, which had not grills. I became quite adept at using things (e.g., tape and/or a paper clip) to pop dust caps back out.

BigFKahuna

LS60's for over a year now, along with 5 grandchildren and 5 rowdy dogs that visit with them. Knock on wood, but no issues this far. There is enough to keep them occupied, and on the one or two occasions when one did want to touch the speakers a quick "tut-tut" was all it took. I am more worried about the party antics of their adult parents!

TouchMyWoofer

In the end I do believe you can teach kids to leave certain stuff alone. But shit happens. I read of others here sewing a cover for them but that is not really my style. I am considering the Buchardt A10 as well.

VincentM

If you can feed them via the S/PDIF input (up to 24/192PCM), they can be treated just like regular powered speakers, albeit in pairs.

Ah. You want them to be a complete multichannel system. That's another story. :oops:
A modified Oppo 203 with VanityHD board(wich has 7.1 digital out via coax) could be a solution.

Top Bottom