• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 white paper

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thank you to the member who posted the link to the new KEF LS60 white paper, it doesn’t seem to be available on the U.K Kef site?
Purité Audio are going to be stocking the new LS60 and probably compare them with the LS50 wireless with a KC62 sub.
More when they actually arrive.
Keith

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I was wondering if these would be on your radar.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They appear to fit all my criteria, I am also going to order one or two of the KC62 subs, whose design stems from the LS60 project, compare the 50 wireless plus sub to the LS60s, might be interesting.
Hope you are both keeping well?
Best,
Keith

Descartes

Major Contributor
Some reviews

-

-

-

-

Was KEF trying to compete with Kubrick

-

zen87192

The LS60's have a pair of Phono in sockets that can accommodate external sources. I know that the LS60's are technically an 'all in one' system. But..... can one connect an external DAC and a source connected to that DAC and play it through the Phono in facility? Will the internal 'electronics' take away any if the benefits of the additions? I know its a weird question but I like to know its options and limitations. It is a 6K speaker so I'd like to know if all is possible or not worthwhile.

beaRA

The LS60's have a pair of Phono in sockets that can accommodate external sources. I know that the LS60's are technically an 'all in one' system. But..... can one connect an external DAC and a source connected to that DAC and play it through the Phono in facility? Will the internal 'electronics' take away any if the benefits of the additions? I know its a weird question but I like to know its options and limitations. It is a 6K speaker so I'd like to know if all is possible or not worthwhile.
They have an RCA analog input, not a Phono input. I heard these at a show and the Kef rep said the crossovers are active (digital). Any analog sources are going to go through an ADC and DAC, so better to just stick to the digital inputs.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
LS60 ‘s measured, almost.

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Soundstage

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Each speaker has a traditional sub line out and the wireless transmitter/receiver option, integration is handled within the app,
see the Kef LS60 white paper link above,
Keith

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Good to know!
I look forward to read your impressions of the LS60. Regarding the sub, I am curious to know how you will integrate it with the LS60, should you take that route.
I think he wants to use the sub for the LS50 Wireless so to make it a „fair“ comparison.

Although I would recommend two subs placed in the vicinity of the LS50 as one has to crossover the subs quite high (ca 150 to 200Hz) so they might become locatable. Plus also to „match“ the LS60 four built in woofers.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes a comparison with the 50’s plus sub might be interesting!
Also I have the Kiis here and the GGNTKT, Kiis are quite a bit more of course.
Keith

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Good to know!
I look forward to read your impressions of the LS60. Regarding the sub, I am curious to know how you will integrate it with the LS60, should you take that route.
Same as the LS50 wireless II. In terms of connections, both are almost the same.

The APP is the same too, so to handle the subwoofers, the methods are esentially the same.

Soundstage

Same as the LS50 wireless II. In terms of connections, both are almost the same.

The APP is the same too, so to handle the subwoofers, the methods are esentially the same.
Yes same app and process. But as far as I know this is not a straightforward exercise. I am wondering whether it is worth doing it with the LS60 of the result is sub optimal. Has Kef published a guide on how to time align both?

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes same app and process. But as far as I know this is not a straightforward exercise. I am wondering whether it is worth doing it with the LS60 of the result is sub optimal. Has Kef published a guide on how to time align both?
I agree and I think Purity Audio know this and has the capability. You need some sort of DSP (Parametric EQ and Phase) and at least REW and a Umik or something similar.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
You'd have very similar issues with location on any other subwoofer. At least, adjusting the electronics is quite easy with the app.

I think the addition of Dirac would make the process a lot better, though. In that sense, Dynaudio gets a clear advantage on their powered speakers.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
LS60 and the LS50 mark 2’s in fact all of KEF’s wireless range arrive tomorrow including the KC62 subwoofer and it’s wireless transmitter.
Quite exciting we haven’t ( because of various delays) any new speakers here for a while.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
KEF LS60‘s in situ, they are fine loudspeakers and incredibly convenient to use, even my wife ( who was in the kitchen) uses them annoying she changes the song and often the volume I am listening to.

Keith

Top Bottom