• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Bluetooth

badmojo

I would like to use these speakers as wireless speakers for my TV. Does anyone know what the bluetooth codec is for these speakers? Am I able to play wireless audio from a new Samsung TV (QN90B 85") over bluetooth to these speakers without having voice sync issues? Can anyone suggest a wireless solution for achieving this if bluetooth will be an issue?

I plan to stream directly to the speakers with minimal or low compression for higher quality music listening.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I would like to use these speakers as wireless speakers for my TV. Does anyone know what the bluetooth codec is for these speakers? Am I able to play wireless audio from a new Samsung TV (QN90B 85") over bluetooth to these speakers without having voice sync issues? Can anyone suggest a wireless solution for achieving this if bluetooth will be an issue?

I plan to stream directly to the speakers with minimal or low compression for higher quality music listening.
Why would you use a Bluetooth when you can hook it up on the earc port of your TV?
Bluetooth sound quality is far from great.

nerdstrike

The LS60 manual states "Use HDMI/optical input, and try to avoid Bluetooth connection. There is an inherent delay in the Bluetooth codec."

This suggests you would need to set a significant video delay on the TV to achieve lip sync. It might go poorly. Depending on the TV, it might be able to use the pnp wifi connection... But I doubt that too.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I just use the optical out from the T`V connected to the lead LS60 works perfectly.
Keith

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you not have another wireless
Then avoid Bluetooth.

Top Bottom