• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef LS50 Wireless Active

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
For active speaker fans, I see that KEF has announced an active version of the LS50. It has a DSP crossover and 192k/24 DACS. It functions wirelessly or via Ethernet, USB, Toslink and, of course, analog. US MSRP $2,200.

http://us.kef.com/ls50-wireless

Interesting.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I always get a kick out of all the "wireless" claims. Until these components can be battery operated none of them are "wireless". Also the cable makers will tell you that you'll need a firehose size power cord to get best sound. :p

Cosmik

Major Contributor
... the cable makers will tell you that you'll need a firehose size power cord to get best sound. :p
Why would you pay any attention to them?! :)

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
$2,199 is a much better than the price for the kiiaudio speakers!

Cosmik

Major Contributor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Heard them on Sunday, they sounded great, we will get some here, not Kiis though!
Keith

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The UK JBL retailer brought along the new Levinson preamp and 4227 ? Standmount JBLs , unfortunately room resonance rather spoilt every track.
Keith

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I always get a kick out of all the "wireless" claims. Until these components can be battery operated none of them are "wireless". Also the cable makers will tell you that you'll need a firehose size power cord to get best sound. :p

They're talking about the connection to the source, not the wall.

Tim

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The UK JBL retailer brought along the new Levinson preamp and 4227 ? Standmount JBLs , unfortunately room resonance rather spoilt every track.
Keith

There's a JBL 4206 and 4208, but they're discontinued. A new 4200-series would be very exciting.

Tim

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Keith
Maybe they need a better room???

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
JBL would be wise to streamline their ...um ..lineup :) and have a better grasp on the brand and its websites.
There is a JBL website, a JBL Pro website, a JBL Synthesis website ... You would be interested about a product and need Sherlock Holmes to find it in any of their websites.. Couldn't find much about the 4227 for example.
There is such a thing as confusing your market and I believe that the JBL side of Harman is doing just that... From boom Box to Everest K2 all with the JBL logo is a strange marketing strategy :(

Sorry abou the OT

I have the LS50 currently .. Small and good but no giant killers IMO.. Still the Active version may provide more bang for the buck

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
JBL would be wise to streamline their ...um ..lineup :) and have a better grasp on the brand and its websites.
There is a JBL website, a JBL Pro website, a JBL Synthesis website ... You would be interested about a product and need Sherlock Holmes to find it in any of their websites.. Couldn't find much about the 4227 for example.
There is such a thing as confusing your market and I believe that the JBL side of Harman is doing just that... From boom Box to Everest K2 all with the JBL logo is a strange marketing strategy :(

Sorry abou the OT

I have the LS50 currently .. Small and good but no giant killers IMO.. Still the Active version may provide more bang for the buck
I agree!

Top Bottom