• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS50 WII in Room Measurements

OP
J

jstownse

So I'm back at this after a bit of a break. I've only been getting the microphone out when my girlfriend goes into the office which is only once a week now, and was zero the last few weeks. I took some feedback to increase the amount of samples for the moving mic method, I didn't get up to the dozens, but I did ten. I also took measurements of the left and right separately.

The interesting thing to me here is the right speaker is higher on the db scale, I assume this is from its position in the corner of the room versus the left?

Left vs Right MM.jpg

Soon I'm going to try to implement some EQ into Equalizer APO and see what the measurements show on vs off and if I can actually hear any different or improvement. This has been kind of a fun tinkering experiment and I'll take it a bit further, but I'm probably just going to end up listening to them "as is" 95% of the time.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Corner loading gives higher SPL in the bass. Most problematic is the asymmetry and early reflections from the right side-wall vs. ”no reflections” from the left.

Top Bottom