• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS50 Meta

Arthua_

Hi. Ive KEF speakers and thought about buying amplifier but cant decide ncore 252mp or Purifi 1ET400A from audiophonics or maybe is something better? Wouldn't it be to much 200WPC for LS50 meta? Iam worry is it be possible to control volume in comfortable range (not only 2...3% and after that my speakers explode ;)). Source would be RME ADI-2 or topping DX3Pro+. Maybe someone how have KEF LS50 Meta can advice what amp plays better?

Last edited:

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use the Purifi amp with my Metas, and no they do not blow up. They just sound great. I am certain the NCore 252 MP would sound fine as well. Can't go wrong with either choice.

Descartes

Major Contributor
I use Classe CA-M600 and I have no issues with the KEF LS50!

Of course, I don’t crank up the volume higher than 85db and they are crossed over at 100Hz to subs!

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Which purify amp?
And can I use gustard x16 as preamp ?
I assembled mine from parts (Ghent, Purifi, Hypex), but you can get one from VTV (labelled Eval 1) which is identical to the one Amir reviewed here for $1139. It is cheaper than you can assemble DIY b/c of VTV's OEM discounts, and has the best measured performance. Also has a two year warranty, 12v trigger, and speakon speaker connections in addition to regular banana plug receptacles.

Top Bottom