• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS50 META!

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you tell me more about your Purifi and how it compares to anything else you've heard? I wonder if there's a big difference between Eval 1 and Eigentakt.

My next step is upgrading amplification and getting Dirac. Although I believe I'd like to stick with class A/B/G/H and I'm also a sucker for aesthetics and thinking about McIntosh, Yamaha, or Hegel, Arcam which are not aesthetic IMO.

I was really thinking about just getting class D plus miniDSP SHD. But if I do decide class D I might go with a NAD M33 used...
Eigentact is another name for the Eval 1 configuration. It's just powerful and transparent. I'm not at all conscious of having an amp in the system b/c it in no way calls attention to itself which is the highest praise I can think of for any amplifier.

taoofnetflix

Hi all - I just bought these speakers. I have about $3k to spend on the other equipment. Any recommendations? Love the idea of a Cambridge EVO/Naim/NAD M10, but I once had Krell monoblocks and get that world. I will be using these for fairly casual listening in my largish office, but I do appreciate critical listening from time to time. Am I better with an integrated system like Naim, or better off separates with a nice amp (an older Krell one?) + Chord Qutest, something like that? I don't really have many options to demo these options.

Thanks!

steve59

Major Contributor
I love the hegel h360 with the blades, maybe the h190 for the ls50?

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi all - I just bought these speakers. I have about $3k to spend on the other equipment. Any recommendations? Love the idea of a Cambridge EVO/Naim/NAD M10, but I once had Krell monoblocks and get that world. I will be using these for fairly casual listening in my largish office, but I do appreciate critical listening from time to time. Am I better with an integrated system like Naim, or better off separates with a nice amp (an older Krell one?) + Chord Qutest, something like that? I don't really have many options to demo these options.

Thanks!
MiniDSP SHD Power could be a good solution.

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just don't see how that is possible unless you have a lucky room boost right in the 30's.

My S400 MKII's (and the original) have a 33 Hz -3 dB point in-room confirmed by my measurements. They have more woofage area, more box volume, and a lower tuning point than the KEF LS50 (all versions).
It happens. My left monitor has a +10dB boost right in the upper 30s and lower 40s which the room eq has to correct. It is up against a wall. It can happen.

Top Bottom