• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS50 Meta vs Klipsch RP-600M II?

Does anyone have experience with both speakers? If so, could you share your thoughts on how they compare?

I was also looking at an open box Wharfedale Linton Heritage for $1200, but they seem to be quite large for my set up, so I'm trying to decide between KEF LS50 Meta and RP-600M II.

I currently have Yamaha TSR-700 + A&K SE180 as my amp + DAC, but I might end up selling both to get the Bluesound Powernode to power the speakers.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Descartes

Major Contributor
It depends what kind of music and volume you like to listen at?

OP
I
I basically listen to everything except heavy metal and mostly at low to mid volume (I live in an apartment and I try to be considerate to my neighbors).

Descartes

Major Contributor
Then if you have the money get the KEF LS50 Meta you won’t regret it!

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would choose almost anything over Klipsch, so now you have my bias. That said, "low to moderate" means different things to different people. It'd be more helpful to know the characteristics of your room (carpet, dimensions, many/few windows etc) and your listening distance.

That said, Klipsch is so much cheaper you could add sub and DRC for the price of the Metas which I would anticipate being a superior solution overall

OP
I
Update: I decided to not get either. Klipsch was just physically too big for my setup, and the Metas didn't have enough meat in the sound for me, even with a subwoofer (SVS 3000 Micro).

I ended up going for Buchardt S400 MKII as the fronts and old Klipsch bookshelf as the surrounds, and I couldn't be happier.

I also upgraded the AVR to Onkyo RZ50 and Dirac Live does wonders for room correction ;)

yllanos

Update: I decided to not get either. Klipsch was just physically too big for my setup, and the Metas didn't have enough meat in the sound for me, even with a subwoofer (SVS 3000 Micro).

I ended up going for Buchardt S400 MKII as the fronts and old Klipsch bookshelf as the surrounds, and I couldn't be happier.

I also upgraded the AVR to Onkyo RZ50 and Dirac Live does wonders for room correction ;)

Isn't the Buchardt S400 like at least twice the costs of the Klipsch? that was quite a jump

Top Bottom