• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS50 Meta vs KEF R3

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Looking forward to seeing and hearing the R Meta in 2023!
I seem to get all the volume I want with a pair of Meta and a single SB2000 crossed over at 100 HZ with LR 24 db octave on both high and low pass. I do have a small room. The main issue is finding and damping all the stuff rattling in the room with the sub.

I also think people don't talk enough about vertical directivity with the Metas which is virtually identical to its already sterling horizontal directivity. The Uni-Q controls floor and ceiling reflections better than any other speaker out there, bar none. I think that takes on added import when you are playing your system is a room with 8' ceilings like me, especially when the room is only 12' x 12'.

Last edited:
OP
D

Descartes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
.. I also think people don't talk enough about vertical directivity with the Metas which is virtually identical to its already sterling horizontal directivity. The Uni-Q controls floor and ceiling reflections better than any other speaker out there, bar none…..
So true that’s what I love about the Uni-Q driver you can sit lower, on axis or higher and always get good sound!

Top Bottom