• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS50 +KC62 versus LS60

fredstuhl

I will do my best, veils will no doubt be dropping , blacks will be inkier soundstage more holographic…
Keith
Yes, please give quantitative estimates of differences, such as the veil dropping about 12% more by model X compared to model Y. Don't forget to look into rhythmic bass response, overall musicality, speed, and authority.

poxymoron

We would also like to hear about the soul and emotion. Or lack thereof. Thanks.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Just finished my first ‘tune dem’ younger viewers may have to search this, I also measured the frequency and velocity my wife’s toe tapping.
I then exchanged the kettle leads for some expensive power cords and discovered incredibly that I no longer needed a sub, indeed the music seemed to be coming more quickly out of the speaker.
Have to dash I am collecting tears with a small pipette to gauge musicality and emotional connection.
Keith

xamastrok

Thank you for this interesting topic! Could you please advise, for a 40m2 living room and usually playing at medium volume levels because of family/neighbours, does an upgrade from LS50wii -> LS60 make a substantial difference?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Do you use a sub with the 50’s?
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
A sub ( start with one) or two would improve them, a properly integrated sub helps every small loudspeaker, and there isn’t a great deal of difference between the 50’s with sub and the 60’s.
Keith

xamastrok

A sub ( start with one) or two would improve them, a properly integrated sub helps every small loudspeaker, and there isn’t a great deal of difference between the 50’s with sub and the 60’s.
Keith
ok, thanks a lot!

idv_42

IMG_0077.jpeg
REW+Dirac.jpeg
Measured and corrected my LS60s with Dirac and then checked with REW. No subwoofer. Just for information.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
15Hz magnitude seems a bit unlikely?
I have the LS60s and am a big fan, but../
Keith

idv_42

15Hz magnitude seems a bit unlikely?
I have the LS60s and am a big fan, but../
Keith
At my normal listening levels, this is still below the threshold of hearing. Yes, and rarely in what kind of music are such low frequencies.

+ I think the microphone (Umik) at these frequencies may be wrong.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You have to have something running Dirac as source, Mini DSP I believe work with/included with Dirac.
Keith

Open Mind Audio

Signal path:
Roon Server on Beelink Mini S (win10) > Dirac Live Processor (WASAPI Exclusive) > m2tech HiFace 2 (ASIO) > KEF LS60 (coax)
Does Roon work seamlessly on the Beelink or do you get occasional glitches? Roon on my (quite old) PC works well most of the time, but it often will just hang up or not open on start, forcing me to restart it. I've never had luck just setting it and forgetting it, even when I was running Roon server.

idv_42

Does Roon work seamlessly on the Beelink or do you get occasional glitches? Roon on my (quite old) PC works well most of the time, but it often will just hang up or not open on start, forcing me to restart it. I've never had luck just setting it and forgetting it, even when I was running Roon server.
Works without any problems. But I don't use DSP in Roon.

And I was wrong, on Beelink I have a Roon bridge. Source is ROCK on NUC3i8BEH.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
My considered opinion ( take it with a pinch of salt) is that on balance I would go for the LS60s if the extra expenditure isn’t going to push you into the red.
But the two combinations aren’t that dis-similar so the ideal as always is to try and hear both side by side ideally in your home.
Keith

pixelmixture

the only but substantial advantage of the 2.1 solution is to pin point the position of the sub depending on your room dimensions and acoustics ...

Top Bottom