• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS50 +KC62 versus LS60

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I thought a KEF LS60 versus LS50 Wireless II plus KC62 wireless sun might be interesting.
LS60 retail at £6k inc vat, the KC62 is around £1700 the LS50’s are around £2800 .
£1500 pounds cheaper,
The LS60’s and KC62 are here just waiting for the LS50’s.
Sub integration is included in the KEF ‘connect’ app for both speakers.
More to follow…
Keith

Danaxus

It might be a fairer comparison to have the LS60's go head to head with the LS50WII's paired with 2 KC62's as that's closer to what the LS60's are. They'd be a little more expensive than the LS60's, wouldn't have the DSP, but they'd allow you to position the subs anywhere you like in the room. That said, if you feel a 2nd sub wouldn't contribute a whole lot, then it's good competition.

I suspect the LS60 will provide better bang-for-your-buck, despite the eye-watering price.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The KEF KC62, it is compact,dense and heavy two opposed 6.5 drivers.

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Rear view, with the KW1 wireless transmitter/receiver attached, this allows the KC62 sub to be placed anywhere without cabling.

Keith

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a pair of Metas, and I'm going to add a second SVS SB2000 sub, together with a software based crossover (Dephonica), and Dirac Live 3. I don't have a pair of LS60 Wireless+KC 62s, but I have a feeling my combination will be the bettter sounding system.

Danaxus

Hey @Purité Audio! I joined the LS60 club today, but need some advice from a veteran member. Was impressed with how tight the bass was, those drivers seem to start and stop in a Planck second. As expected though, they don't reach super deep and certainly can't get your bowels shaking so you need a quick trip to the loo. I was thinking of adding a sub or two eventually, which is where I need help: would the KC62 be a good pairing, or does it not output much more than the integrated bass drivers? Would a Monolith 15" or 16" (if it ever comes to Europe), be a better match?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Dan I haven’t tried the 60’s with any other sub than the KC62, but the 62 is diminutive so perhaps something larger…
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
KEF LS50’s Wireless IIs have arrived, comparison between LS60 and LS50 with KC62 sub upcoming!

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Before anyone says anything, they are pretty similar!

Keith

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Hey @Purité Audio! I joined the LS60 club today, but need some advice from a veteran member. Was impressed with how tight the bass was, those drivers seem to start and stop in a Planck second. As expected though, they don't reach super deep and certainly can't get your bowels shaking so you need a quick trip to the loo. I was thinking of adding a sub or two eventually, which is where I need help: would the KC62 be a good pairing, or does it not output much more than the integrated bass drivers? Would a Monolith 15" or 16" (if it ever comes to Europe), be a better match?
I used them with a pair of SVS SB3000.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Any takeaways from the comparison yet?
Sorry for the tardiness, and since you ask hopefully today or at least this week.
Kef are delivering today some more 50’s and stands and another sub, so …
Keith

poxymoron

This is a very interesting comparison and one I've been curious about for a while. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Wow,

Keith

Flak

Industry Insider
I'm interested as well :)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I will do my best, veils will no doubt be dropping , blacks will be inkier soundstage more holographic…
Keith

Top Bottom