• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

aarons915

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hey I tried googling MMM measurement, but there are tons of information, I'm so confused. Is there any good resource, or step-by-step guide on how to use REW? I watched a few YouTube videos but there more I watch the more confused I get. The REW website it's not very helpful either. Too much information

So basically you need to use the RTA feature in REW and use periodic pink noise in the generator. These are the settings I use, I think they are pretty standard. With those settings you play the PPN and hit the record icon and then slowly move your mic around your listening position, it's best to alter your width, length and height to get a good average around your main listening position.
Capture.JPG

biniek

Hi I'm looking for solution that can integrate a subwoofer with KEF LS50. I would like to high pass the speakers at 80-100hz in order to sub can handle low frequencies and relieve my Audio Note tube amp and KEF's from playing them.
I don't have any subwoofer yet. Is there any with build in crossover or i should look for separate device to use as high pass filter?
Thanks in advance

MCH

Major Contributor
Binniek, you have lots of options depending on budget, needs, how much are you willing to tinker....
If your budget and space is tight, the svs sb 1000 (old version, not the pro) is cheap, small, and has built in low pass (variable) and high pass (fixed at 80Hz) filters.
If you want to do the covers externally, an AVR, the very popular minidsp flex, many other active crossovers (minidsp 2x4 and 2x4 hd are inexpensive examples), some reviewed here, can do. And if you feel like tinkering with a raspberry pi, you can do the crossovers with camilladsp and feed the result to a motu m4 4 channel dac. (this last can be done for a total of ca. 300-350 eur in europe).
I bet there are other options that others can bring up.

Last edited:

Razorhelm

Not moving microphone method but an excellent starting point. It is the video which first taught me to do room correction.

set the sub to a sensible level compared to the speakers first measure and then turn it up or down and measure again until the level of the sub is comparable to the speakers then measure and eq.

Good luck with it, measuring and eq-ing was the best thing I ever did for my hifi!

biniek

Binniek, you have lots of options depending on budget, needs, how much are you willing to tinker....
If your budget and space is tight, the svs sb 1000 (old version, not the pro) is cheap, small, and has built in low pass (variable) and high pass (fixed at 80Hz) filters.
If you want to do the covers externally, an AVR, the very popular minidsp flex, many other active crossovers (minidsp 2x4 and 2x4 hd are inexpensive examples), some reviewed here, can do. And if you feel like tinkering with a raspberry pi, you can do the crossovers with camilladsp and feed the result to a motu m4 4 channel dac. (this last can be done for a total of ca. 300-350 eur in europe).
I bet there are other options that others can bring up.
Thank you! Im considering Adam Audio T10s which has rca input and output with HP filter at 85hz. Do you think it will work?

MCH

Major Contributor
Thank you! Im considering Adam Audio T10s which has rca input and output with HP filter at 85hz. Do you think it will work?
I don't know that sub. But maybe you can check this thread where there are links to tons of information and ask there if you have doubts:

itz_all_about_the_music

Fully parametric is overkill. Every EQ is parametric by definition, by the way, the question is the degree of it.
So your point is don't kill a mosquito with a sledgehammer - and every ball peen hammer, club hammer, blacksmith hammer, and heavy book is by definition a sledgehammer?

And this is, somehow, supposed to help Mehdiem?

jaczar

Best setup in my case (KEF LS50 Meta + KEF KC62 + Hegel H95)
Bass reflex of the LS50 fully plugged
KC62 in the center of the LS50, on the same line as the LS50, crossover 70Hz, phase 180, volume 9 o'clock

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2022-10-9 o 09.14.43.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2022-10-9 o 09.14.43.png
    693.2 KB · Views: 319
  • Zrzut ekranu 2022-10-9 o 09.14.10.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2022-10-9 o 09.14.10.png
    709.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Zrzut ekranu 2022-07-25 o 17.46.05.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2022-07-25 o 17.46.05.png
    916.2 KB · Views: 320

canyoucount

Best setup in my case (KEF LS50 Meta + KEF KC62 + Hegel H95)
Bass reflex of the LS50 fully plugged
KC62 in the center of the LS50, on the same line as the LS50, crossover 70Hz, phase 180, volume 9 o'clock
I just tuned my setup to this spec (same except Cyrus One Cast), and it sounds incredible - thank you so much!

Top Bottom