• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS 50 Meta: NAD C 326BEE a good match/stands suggestions

marco80

Hi there,

I'm about to replace my Kef IQ 9s with the new LS 50 Metas. I got a NAD C 326BEE (https://nadelectronics.com/product/c-326-stereo-integrated-amplifier/) and plan to place them in a 24 m2 room. Behind the amp, there's usually vinyl or digital from a Topping E30 coming in.

Any thoughts on if the NAD is a good match for the Metas? Also, I need to protect these from my son and am looking for some very sturdy floor stand for them (that maybe don't cost 450 EUR and look good).

Thanks!

Marco

OP
M

marco80

Update: Just got some for testing and they work very well together so far!

Darvis

It depends on how loud you like to listen and ho big your room is I guess... It's not super powerful but should be competent enough.

Stands: any cheap stand that you can fill with something will be very sturdy and even Labrador proof... No promise for kids though.

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The Sanus steel foundation stands and Monoprice monolith are ones I see recommended frequently. As long as it is weighted down with some sand/cat litter etc. so that the hollow tubes don't ring, they should do fine.

OP
M

marco80

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably go with a wall mount, for now. Should be fine with these kinds of speakers I've tested setting them pretty close to the wall with the stands. And rather have a not exactly perfect setup than these things hitting the kid...

Top Bottom