• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef Kube8b subwoofer input impedance

Willem

Major Contributor
I have a Kef Kube8b subwooofer that until now was part of my desktop system. However, I have decided to add it to my main system. That uses a Dspeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema for dsp and already has a B&W PV1d subwoofer. I decided to add the little Kef for a smoother response (and subsequently perhaps also a third sub). I asked the always helpful and competent Antimode technical support staff how best to connect it, and for that they would like to know the Kef's input impedance (the PV1d input is 100kOhm and the Antimode output impedance is 100 Ohm). Unfortunately the input impedance of the Kube8b is not in the manual, so I asked Kef support for the answer. I have now written and also called multiple times to Kef support, both in the Netherlands and in the UK and not received an answer other than once that the driver's impedance is 6 Ohm, which is obviously irrelevant. I would be grateful if anyone can think of a way to find the answer. Apart from this problem I am more than happy with the little Kef sub - it is well made and looks very classy for a rather modest and very competitive price.

OP
W

Willem

Major Contributor
It took a while until I got to talk to the right person at KEF UK, and then I forgot to post the answer: 10 kOhm.

Top Bottom