• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF Kube 10b, what is wrong with my measurement?

OP
P

Peerke007

After my first attempts I just EQ-ed my Sonus Faber speakers and tuned in the KEF subwoofer by ear. Adjusted the subwoofer a couple of times until I found "my" preference and kept it that way. Did not bother to do measurements on the sub anymore.

I started listening to music in stead of equipment and I'm enjoying.

Willem

Major Contributor
Great that you enjoy the music - that is what it is all about. However, in my case I discovered that adjusting by ear had produced a suboptimal result compared to what I achieved after some basic measurements, let alone after more extensive equalization.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
When the sub is in standby, the LED on the back is coloured red. Mine is green during testing.

I have the 12b, you can't start a measurement in stand-by mode. the green light comes on very fast, but the bass takes some time to rise. i think about 30 seconds. If I make a meassurement in stand-by mode it will produce graphs similar to yours. just take one measurement to wake it up, and than a nother one

Willem

Major Contributor
That is good to know for my next series of measurements. I use a Kube 8b as part of my three subwoofer system, and noticed that the measurements showed a quite low level of this sub compared to the other two (an SVS SB2000 and a B&W PV1d). I could have set the volume too low in hardware, but this is surely something to keep in mind.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
here is a series of 6s meassurements of my 12b out of standby mode.
the next ones were same level.
took about 20s to be at full force

1688405523804.png

Top Bottom