• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef Blade one Meta - How is the sound ?

verdun

That should apply to all published graphs/illustrations.
Kal: if you will indulge me. I have a room size nearly identical to you with two openings to adjacent spaces: 4.9ft wide behind the speakers, plus 7.8ft in one long wall. I am likely to buy Blade 2.
What happened if you moved a Blade closer to a wall than 1m/39ins? Thank you in advance.

BTW it is wonderful to see comparison data 'using @pierre’s fantastic site here' (via post #49) of Blade 1 and Blade 2.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
What happened if you moved a Blade closer to a wall than 1m/39ins? Thank you in advance.
They are there now. About 35" from tweeter to sidewall.

q2klepto

For fun I'm going to attempt to concoct a "Great Value" or "Wish" Blade One Meta.. Aka LS50 Meta sitting on an RF92 placed on top of a 30" platform

Using a minidsp 2x4hd to eq, align and set crossovers

Could be interesting lol

Altho I don't think I can crossover at 350hz from the RF92 to the Metas..

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
FB_IMG_1684790553713.jpg

It's cool cut like this

Descartes

Major Contributor
View attachment 225237
Kef Blade one Meta seems to be a loudspeaker where they have thought of everything .

The crossover frequency for the uni - Q driver seems to be set at 350 Hz . The baffle is about 36 cm wide .

Using the formula by Troelsgravesen for baffle stepcorrection 11600/36 = 322 Hz , this means they have thought of having a wide enough baffle to go down almost to the rooms transition frequency , without using any eq. This is only one of many factors Kef have thought about .
Maybe some of you have heard the Blade 1 ? How did it sound ?

View attachment 225238

Read more here :
So simple inside and so expensive!!

Descartes

Major Contributor
Picture of room set-up? Because I found absolutely no problems with width, space and size in all the auditions I've had with the Blade One and Two. I've only listened to them in a rather large room, though.

Other than that, I agree about the Kii BXT. That thing is just insane and is on a whole other level for kick, impact and dynamics in the bass range. Closed design has probably little to do with it, the acoustical benefits of many drivers and cardioide combined with timing and oodles of power is more likely imo.
SBIR cancellations are so destructive to sound quality it's not even funny.
How large is the room?

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Has anyone else heard them compared to Kii 3? I have to say Kii 3 really built up my expectations and I was certain I was going to love them, hearing them didn't real live up to what I was expecting.

Descartes

Major Contributor
Kal: if you will indulge me. I have a room size nearly identical to you with two openings to adjacent spaces: 4.9ft wide behind the speakers, plus 7.8ft in one long wall. I am likely to buy Blade 2.

BTW it is wonderful to see comparison data 'using @pierre’s fantastic site here' (via post #49) of Blade 1 and Blade 2.
Updated link: https://www.spinorama.org/?sort=date&reverse=false&search=Blade

Top Bottom