• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef Blade one Meta - How is the sound ?

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Do you mean spins or listening impressions? ASR is so big now there's some of us that put as much weight in personal listening impressions as measurements and Genelec speakers, at least in the US of A are hard to audition. There's enough members banging gongs together for Revel and Genelec that it's kinda refreshing to find threads for other brands here.
Listening impressions :)

Last edited:

steve59

Major Contributor
No offense intended, but I'm still getting the feel for this site.

steve59

Major Contributor
I'm not sure what you meant in this context as my English is not that great .
But OK :)
Happy to explain. I've had conversations with members on this forum that care only about 'spins' trusting a good set of measurements over their personal listening experience. While I do understand all the variables possible in a listening demo I still need to hear the product b4 deciding that has led to subjectivist vs objectivist rants I really don't like to participate in. I was honestly asking you if you leaned towards the listening experience or engineering side as I still believe measurements leave a question or 2 unanswered. no harm.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Happy to explain. I've had conversations with members on this forum that care only about 'spins' trusting a good set of measurements over their personal listening experience. While I do understand all the variables possible in a listening demo I still need to hear the product b4 deciding that has led to subjectivist vs objectivist rants I really don't like to participate in. I was honestly asking you if you leaned towards the listening experience or engineering side as I still believe measurements leave a question or 2 unanswered. no harm.
I care more about listening experiences (mine or others ) much more than the spins and other data , which contradicts the nature of ASR but I don't care :)

steve59

Major Contributor
I agree as there's speakers out there that retail for $5k a pair that meet the measurement criteria.
20230218_174318.jpg
10 minutes after installation Saturday evening

steve59

Major Contributor
Clearly much work to do but I will have music while working

steve59

Major Contributor
Low volume listening quality. My system was already great at mid and loud volume with the H590, bass rivaled active systems, seriously. I wasn't getting the same level of dynamics and detail at low volume, so I brought the mac gear home for a few days, now if they want it back they'll have to order me new stuff. The price difference isn't something I would be able to justify at 90db, but at 70-80 db with these current hungry Blades? Yes. If I'm going to own my dream speakers I might as well try to hear what they sound like.

Descartes

Major Contributor
Do you mean spins or listening impressions? ASR is so big now there's some of us that put as much weight in personal listening impressions as measurements and Genelec speakers, at least in the US of A are hard to audition. There's enough members banging gongs together for Revel and Genelec that it's kinda refreshing to find threads for other brands here.
Agreed still wondering if anyone has been able to compare?

egellings

Major Contributor
So now I can ask audio enthusiasts "How are you fixed for blades?"

exm

I took delivery of my custom Blade One Meta about a month ago and they don’t disappoint.
Driven with a pair of Luxman M-10X directly connected to Lumin T2 DAC streamer. I’m using the preamp from the T2 until I decide if I want to get the C900U preamp or wait until Luxman announce the C-10X.

View attachment 261887View attachment 261888

Beautiful setup. Are you considering the Kef Reference Meta Centers?

steve59

Major Contributor

this is me

Are these Meta? It just goes to show you the margins and BB still make money!
The BB demos are not meta. They’re the previous gen that goes for 10-12k used. Seeing how floor models look like at BB, I wouldn’t touch it with a 10’ pole.

this is me

Beautiful setup. Are you considering the Kef Reference Meta Centers?
Thanks!
I’ve been enjoying the Blade One Meta through and through. As of right now, I’m running the R series 6C meta. I’m not sure if I’ll ever go to the reference series for HT. I just don’t watch that many movies to care. Or even critical about the sound of HT.

Reactions: exm

Descartes

Major Contributor
Thanks!
I’ve been enjoying the Blade One Meta through and through. As of right now, I’m running the R series 6C meta. I’m not sure if I’ll ever go to the reference series for HT. I just don’t watch that many movies to care. Or even critical about the sound of HT.
Surround sound is the best when well recorded especially classical music!

Top Bottom