• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF at Purité Audio

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I think for £2k inc vat the LS50 wireless is pretty good value, just plug in your laptop or phone or play directly from your NAS they are very neat.
Keith

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
Heard the LS50 wireless recently. They may measure superbly well, etc. but to me they sounded* small, strained and a bit boxy - not miraculous, which was what I was expecting given all the fuss. I suppose they have protection that limits the bass at higher volumes, and (without extra cardioid stuff) the baffle size itself is always going to give the speaker's size away..?

*sighted test of course
I thought this was a science forum! Nice to see you embracing your inner subjectivist.;)
As you say, it’s so often about expectations’ management.
I recently had a listen to some BeoLab 50s, and was not hit by a bolt of lightning, despite assurances from Audio Critic that it was only speakers that could do such a Damascene conversion.
They were fine, but at £22k a pair I’ll stick with my Vivid B1s.
But I’m half way sold on the LS50s for connectivity and size alone.

Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
IMO B&O didn’t take the opportunity to build on the Beolab 90’s , instead it appears to be a regression to aesthetics over Acoustics.
Keith

Top Bottom