• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF and their slopping response, neutral ?!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Ricardojoa

On mtm the on axis is always on tweeter. On a two way with only one tweeter and one midrange, i can see some designed to be on axis at the tweeter-midrange mid point but i never heard of on axis on midrange unless is a single driver.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
On mtm the on axis is always on tweeter. On a two way with only one tweeter and one midrange, i can see some designed to be on axis at the tweeter-midrange mid point but i never heard of on axis on midrange unless is a single driver.
Well, the main midrange lobe is there, smack dab in the center.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
108 posts in and the thread title still says “slopping”. I’ve heard several KEF speakers and “slopping” isn’t really the first word that comes to mind.
I'd concur (FWIW) - slopping puts us squarely in 1970s Cerwin-Vega/Radio Shack/Pioneer/Sansui territory. ;)

OP
D

dogmamann

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think the OP has to request correction. Maybe
OP won’t unless stereoplay agrees it’s false. There are hundreds of arguments in this forum based on graphs from stereoplay. If they are wrong then there are 100s of baseless arguments here. If they agree it was a mistake then I can request to change the title.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP won’t unless stereoplay agrees it’s false. There are hundreds of arguments in this forum based on graphs from stereoplay. If they are wrong then there are 100s of baseless arguments here. If they agree it was a mistake then I can request to change the title.
We were talking about slopping vs sloping in your thread title.

Top Bottom